Possibly going to stop posting music

Started by J-MACHine, August 21, 2010, 05:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

Wasn't really sure where else to put this, so if it's in the wrong area, i apologise .__.

But yeah. This isn't a wangsty "bawww" fest about how i suck or whatever, i just figured i'd inform you that i might stop posting tracks on here, rather then simply dropping off the face of the earth and leaving the one-or-two posters that do take a listen hanging. There doesn't seem much point when they're largely ignored; they're just a waste of space that way, really, and the last thing i want is to take up space when there are other artists worth listening too on here. I'll still be around, mind you, enjoying the works uploaded by other users, commenting on them and whatnot; i simply might not post my own stuff here anymore, is all. I'm still um-ing and ah-ing about it at the moment.
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Koolassjoe

i see...

there is much fear in you young jedi...

strong you are with the force...

do not lose faith...

music is in the soul man. it can never be called "wasted space". i dont get many comments or replies either. & there are times when it feels pointless to post. but my music is timeless & so is yours. u should keep posting music. thats my opinion. if only to satisfy the few with good sound. im sure 6 degrees of seperation works with even 1 listen. w/ that said know that I know one fan who appreciates you work. his name is Koolassjoe! see u on the battlefield!
The One and Only, Koolassjoe

www.facebook.com/Koolassjoe
www.myspace.com/koolassjoebeats

www.showcaseyourmusic.com/Koolassjoe
www.gimmesound.com/Koolassjoe
www.soundclick.com/koolassjoe

www.youtube.com/koolassjoe
www.animemusicvideos.org/search/quick.php?criteria=Koolassjoe

J-MACHine

I certainly have no plans of giving up on making music. I actually put my stuff up on Last.fm and Facebook, usually within a few days of finishing a song. Although my Last.fm has far more earlier stuff then my Facebook page does. I simply ment i might stop posting my work on these forums, as it seems silly to post a new topic when it recieves little attention, like it's taking up space, and those that do take a listen can go check my stuff out on the sites mentioned above.
I'm not actually angry, nor do i mean to imply "OI, PEOPLE THAT IGNORED ME, YOU'RE A BUNCH OF WANKERS AND THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, BAAAAAAAW", and if it comes off that way, it's certainly not my intention. >>;; As i said above, it's simply a case of me informing everyone that i MIGHT stop posting my work here, and simply keep to uploading my stuff on Last.fm and Facebook. The keyword here is MIGHT, though; i haven't really decided yet.

None the less, i apritiate that, Koolassjoe, weather it seems like it or not. More then i can really put it into words.

.:DJ Droppin:.

I've been in your shoes before. Even though I may have more comments on my songs than most I also understand because I have recently posted a few new tracks(Space Orbit for example) with little to no response at all. It happens. When I login I hope to see new comments on my song(s), but lately I have noticed there is little activity Forum-wide. This too happens. We also get these really slow periods where activity slows to a crawl, no one posts, no new songs, etc.... Just hang in there and be patient, J. We are coming off of Record July activity and August hasn't been too bad, but it is the heart of Summer as well and maybe that plays a role in things. It'll pick up again and then we'll have another slow down. Peaks and valleys.... This happens.

Do me a favor? Even though it is discouraging to post music and have hardly anyone take notice of it, please do not stop creating or posting your music.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

DJ Eddy

Yea dude dont stop posting on here!!!..
Sometimes not many ppl listen or comment on tracks but sod it, The people that do dont want u to stop.

U could try bumping some of ur tunes because sometimes ppl dont come on the site for while and dont see it.

DreadSpawn

I'm gonna go listen to some of your stuff man. What program are you using? If its m2k i wanna to a collab with you sometime :D
Life can be hard sometimes. We all need an outlet, whether it be sex, speeding, violence or creation. I chose creation. Enjoy  .http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadSpawn2142?feature=mhum

Master Dutch

hey J,

Look post your music here all you want man, don't forget theres a lot of music to go through and if say me for example I haven't been on in a week so when I get back theres tons of new stuff to listen too. Also we have many guests that come here and do probably listen and lurk around. Granted many are google bots but still it is definitely not a waste of time to drop music here. There are only a handfull of us who post here on the reg so your not going to get many comments anyway. Don't feel discouraged is all I'm saying. One day you take off from here and bam you have like 10 comments to read up on when you get back. In a way we are still growing here, together! Keep up the good works man

J-MACHine

Becuase i'm in a bit of a rush at the moment, i can only be breif. First things first, i want to thank all of you for the kind an ecouraging words. I can't express enough how greatful i am.

Second, after giving it some consideration, i have decided to carry on posting music here, rather then uploading it only to last.fm and facebook.

.:DJ Droppin:.

Quote from: J-MACHine on August 26, 2010, 02:57:29 AM
Becuase i'm in a bit of a rush at the moment, i can only be breif. First things first, i want to thank all of you for the kind an ecouraging words. I can't express enough how greatful i am.

Second, after giving it some consideration, i have decided to carry on posting music here, rather then uploading it only to last.fm and facebook.

No worries, J. Glad to see you reconsidered.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin