Hell Garden [Abrasive Loop] [DARK AMBIENT, NOISE]

Started by J-MACHine, November 28, 2010, 10:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

I'm in a rush, so i've got to be breif, i'm afraid. This is one of three new pieces for a project i'm working on.

The project this is for, whilst technically an RPG, is not only planned to have a Day/Night system, but is planned to also feature area's of the game where either the perception of reality in the dreams of the cast, or reality itself, twists and distorts into a chaotic landscape thats been named 'Hell World' for the sake of simplicity. I'd say its inspired by the Otherworld portions of Silent Hill, and it partially is, but it works on an entirely different 'logic'. Although i can't really explain that right now, for obvious reasons. The 'Hell Garden' series of songs was kicked off to be the BGM used in these area's, and although some are going to be more upbeat/percussion driven, some will be more like this, and some will be strictly melodic, and they will all feature slightly different tunes, they will all share at least some elements with another Hell Garden song. This particuler piece is planned to be used in a warped version of a Laboratory, and portions of a warped hospital. I purposly went in the direction of something that, whilst melodic, is still damn near abrasive, and features disjointed riffs, looped percussion, and some run-of-the-mill cut'n paste effects that i did in Wavepad, to further give it an unearthly feel. I was directly aiming to go for something that sounded like 'panic' in audio form.

Enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

Off the bat the its all coming together. Liking the sorta fade up/fade down ?
Very interesting take an it fits in nicely... nice new melody @ 0:51.
Nice sudden burst of bass @ 1:47 . Theres a bunch of sounds I have credited yet...again the pads/strings ...and whatevers playing the main melody...all good. Liked it

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

wow...dis is impressive. those atmospheric ambient sounds in da background are flawless, and those arps and strings r top notch.  i luv da percussions, it really gives it dat panicky sound (kinda sounds like somebody's running) and nice work wit da flangering.  dis is bad ass.

J-MACHine

@ Knowlesy: Heh, thank you! It's actually a snare that pitch bends up, and a kick that pitch bends down, but with the kick i purposfully added so many different snare samples together so that the loop glitched out, making it sound... Kinda like a firework. And as Zodiac pointed out, the snare kinda sounds like rapidly faster-paced footsteps. I think the bass is actually a combination of the two samples that play the lead chords, put played on low octave levels (2, i think). You can just barely hear the sample that's got Data Loop mixed into it, but the sample thats got Majestic looped into it is barely noticable.

@ Zodiac: Cheers, man! Glad all the little sounds and effects left a good impression on ya!

.:DJ Droppin:.

Amazing intro... Not familiar with those samples, but awesome use of them.

Reminds me of searching for something, it's dark... outside or in a lab... No monsters around, yet. Just looking for something. Damn the female character has a rack on her, but yeah back to the song..... Pretty good m8.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

J-MACHine

Badger111

Imaginatively surreal. The samples create an interesting world of sounds. I get a feeling of possession when I listen to it; the feeling of want. Very inventive piece. ^-^

J-MACHine

Thank you! Glad the feel I was trying to get across was... Well, getting across, haha!

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Ah J-MACHine you are a legend. Once again you amaze with such a personal, unique style that no one else dare touch lest they fail at trying to be as good at it as you.

Personally, I do not feel panic from this. I feel more...intrigue and wonder!

When I did a search for this track to give feedback, I accidentally opened the thread for your other Hell Garden tune and read that it was intended for a Mountain Pass kinda level... thus I mistakenly first though that THIS was THAT tune. And I was like "yeah this is totally that"... like I'm ascending a breath-taking climb!

Very nice sound effects that keep consistant yet varied dynamic. Lots to get my mind stuck into...but never "too much". Enchanting. Such intrigue!

Jerbas

Soaking with brilliance, it's almost revitalizing.  Discovery, enchantment, power.  This is pretty fuckin awesome.
I like noise.  I don't know what Genre it is.

DJ Eddy

great stuff again m8..i agree with RS, u the man when it comes to this stuff..

J-MACHine

@ RS: Ah, man, you always say the nicest bloody things to me, seriously. Thanks for that. And I'm glad you really like this track, mistaken-location usage and all

@ Jerbs: Glad you liked it, my friend! In regards to your signiture, by the way; that's a good thing, because if my work isn't hip hop, trip hop, dance, breakbeat or synthpop, it's propably uncatagorizable madness.

@ Eddy: Aww, thanks man!

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Quote from: J-MACHine on May 24, 2011, 01:44:18 PM
@ RS: Ah, man, you always say the nicest bloody things to me, seriously. Thanks for that. And I'm glad you really like this track, mistaken-location usage and all

I'm not saying "nice things" to you, I am aiming to give you substantial, meaningful comments on your music - it is YOUR fault that you rmusic is good, not mine.

J-MACHine

never the less, I was brought up in a household where saying thanks for your compliments and posetive critique is the right thing to do. I'm not about to just sit here and go "yeah, I know, I'm pretty fucking excellent, ain't I?"

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Why not :p
Seriously, I'm merely saying that what I'm saying is not just 'nice things' :)