Started by Not a Number, February 23, 2011, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not a Number

Song name: Psycho
File type: mp3 (attached)
Length: MIX 1 3:24 | MIX 2 3:21
Software used: Logic Pro 8/9
Description:
A track for my Mixing/Mastering and Studio Sound Recording units at college. I had to record and mix a track performed by a band at college.

Attached are MIX 1 and MIX 2 of their track, each made to sound like particular songs.
MIX 1's reference track: Slipknot: Gematria (The Killing Name)
MIX 2's reference track: Suicidal Tendancies: Institutionalized

-edit-
Attached a newer version to MIX 1. Levels are brought up a little without it clipping. Not a huge difference, but from a production point of view, the dynamics are evened out a lot more.

-edit-
Attached MIX 2.

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

This is not a bad song at all.
A couple of things that popped out was the chorus palm muted riff , sorta thrash with the drummer doing blastbeats.
Another thing that stood out for me was the sorta hammer-on riff @ 2:06 and how after a few bars they harmonised it.

Not bad at all.

Be interesting to see what you do with it.

Not a Number

Update 24/03/11:
Attached a newer version to MIX 1. Levels are brought up a little without it clipping. Not a huge difference, but from a production point of view, the dynamics are evened out a lot more.

God I love the limiter tool. :P

Not a Number

.:DJ Droppin:.

Nice dude..... this kicks some ASS. I had no idea you jammed.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

Not a Number

Oh, I didn't perform in this band; just mixed the song.

(that said, there is a possibility that I might be performing one of my songs with some of the other students at college, but it's not final...)