[DISCLAIMER] Eventhough I Made This Track

Started by ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE, June 28, 2011, 08:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

WELL, THE CROWD HAS SPOKEN!!!! SO HERE IT IS!!!...unfortunately lol.  This track has alot of J-MACHine inspiration (since I've been listening to his music a whooole lot here lately).  The flute melody and the low strings in the background are premade riffs, but everything else is all me (which is weird, cuz i never really was good with melody, expect for dark piano riffs).  I went ahead and put Dj Cneulic as my alias for this track, because i couldn't bear to have this listed as a Zodiac production lol.  But anyhoo...ENJOY.

btw...there is a lil distortion at the beginning that i couldn't figure out how to fix (not even Audacity's Noise Removal option could fix it).  there's something wrong wit my ps2's a/v cables.

DJ Eddy

Cant believe you was thinking about not posting this. I see what you mean about the J-Machine influence. Beat is reaaly top stuff and that bass was pretty amazing. I never in a million years would of thought u made this track lol. Great work on the pads too and the flute melody is catchy stuff m8. Enjoyed that, I reckon you should keep mucking around a bit more cause I'd love to hear. Hey I would love to hear a Zodiac Massacre DNB tune if you would. Seeing as you posted something totally off genre ive got somthing i might post now. Anyway great track m8, Cheers.

Coordman

A favorite band of mine is They Might Be Giants. (Not really your style, Zodiac, but bear with me) One of my favorite things about them is that their music comes off kind of light and poppy, but if you listen closely, their lyrics are often very dark and brooding... almost twisted at times. It gives many of their tunes an almost insane quality that I really get into. It's like you're in on the joke that anyone just casually listening will almost certainly miss.

Although the style (and instrumentalism) of your track here is unlike anything TMBG has ever done, the mood struck me as very Giants-like. A dark, brooding undertone in the chord progression masked by a peppy beat and melodic synth flute lead. Lounge house meets suspense movie soundtrack. I really dig this sound. Only real gripe? Kinda disappointed at how short it is. ;)

Totally impressed, man. You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, here.
Never sweat the petty things and never pet the sweaty things. -George Carlin

Coordman

By the way, we MUST come up with a better name for this track.  ;D

Just tossing this out there: Midnight Ride.

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

thanx guys.
@eddy - I've actually made a dnb track a while ago, but its loaded with premade riffs.  so for quite some time now, ive been thinking about making another one but idk.

@coordman - 1.  I would've made this track longer, but mg3 made me lazy lol.  on mg3 i can just highlight everything and paste it, but on mg2 i have to constantly paste everything one by one and it got on my nerves :)
2: I was orginally gonna come up with a good name for this track, but since i placed this as a disclaimer, eventhough i made this track, i went ahead and called it...well...[DISCLAIMER] Eventhough I made this Track lol.  Trust me, if i took this track as seriously as i do the rest of my music, i would have given it a better name.  I'm actually thinkin bout changin the name tho (probably somethin like "Sky High", or "7th Horizon"...or just goin along with ur suggestion cuz thats a good title :)

Coordman

Ok, well, promises are promises and I will get that NIN cover up as soon as I can. I actually still need to master it as I've made changes to it since the last time I recorded it. I will be busy today, but I'll try to have it up tomorrow. :)

Koolassjoe

This is good work Z! Feeling the Melody! Bass is clean. Great drumwork.
The One and Only, Koolassjoe

www.facebook.com/Koolassjoe
www.myspace.com/koolassjoebeats

www.showcaseyourmusic.com/Koolassjoe
www.gimmesound.com/Koolassjoe
www.soundclick.com/koolassjoe

www.youtube.com/koolassjoe
www.animemusicvideos.org/search/quick.php?criteria=Koolassjoe

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

Just taking an overall listen to this first before commenting. I thought like you'd made a straight up mainstream rap beat , the way you were flogging urself. I really didn't expect a J-machine influenced track to come out.
And to be honest it was a very nice suprise. Really like the bass , the drumwork as always is brilliant but what suprised my the most was that really nice flute melody and the kinda spacey-ish pad melody that also come in.
Really nice work Z , you should totally dabble in other stuff more often.

Master Dutch

nice! Its fun to experiment with stuff....I can still hear your influence in this with the bass and the snare. hehe...nice work

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

thanx to u yall, im glad yall enjoyed it. 

i was thinkin bout putting an end to my experimenting and go back to horrorcore (simply because i miss it), but there's still some styles i haven't fuckin wit yet (ive experimented wit rave, rock, (this), dubstep (i think...im still questioning da genre of "1bowl 1spoon 1cup & 1round", and "Ruptured Hydronium"), industrial (with could pass off as horrorcore tho), speedcore, and mainstream style hip hop (unfortunately).  but idk...i just have to see wat happens.

(subliminal message backwards) ...swonk ohw kcart bnd a htiw krow thgim tsuj i... 

btw...i will post up some horrorcore tracks (once i finish them) that ive been working on/neglected in da mist of my experimenting.

Coordman

So, I'm having a terrible time with the NIN track I promised to post. Here's the situation: My PS2 is situated downstairs from my PC. I record by running a 3/4 inch plug cable from the rca output on my PS2 to the input on my PC. This, unfortunately, creates an electronic buzz on my recordings.

Now, usually, I can remove the buzz no problem using Audacity's noise removal plugin. This time however, there are so many silent and bassless parts in the track, I'm having a hard time striking a balance between not removing enough noise and removing too much fidelity from the higher end sounds. AAARRGH!

I will post this track soon, I promise, I'm just losing a wrestling match for the moment. If worse comes to worse, I'll just post the old version of it. Sorry for the delay, Zodiac.

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

no prob bro...there's no rush.  i was dealing with the same thing with this track, that buzz was driving me insane (i have to find out how to fix that).

ArcaneFuture

Yeah, can see why you disowned the track...
Nah, only joking mate, though I understand your sentiments - often when I write something I find not to my taste, I just leave it to fester and hope I'll come back to it (usually a dirt bassline or dark drone does the trick!)
As for the tune - intro - could be sample used, some are slightly dodgy with background noise or something that appears if you compress the track in mastering or perhaps the saved version of the tune has screwed around with the panning or envelope settings (I problem I've encountered periodically)?
Anyways, there is some really nice percussion going on, plus the lead melodies and I really like the one that comes in at 2:14.
Not sure which are the premade riffs (since I never use any), but it seems to me you wrote all the strongest stuff in the track, so good work!

@Coordman - Good point! I only ever heard 'Birdhouse In Your Soul', but really liked it. (Don't think the band were ever that big in the UK.) Reminds me of UK group 'The La's' whose tune 'There She Goes' gets played anywhere and everywhere as its assumed to just be about a woman, but is (pretty obviously) about drugs! (NB I just checked Wickipedia and apparently it was covered recently by Sixpence None The Richer.)
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture

www.soundcloud.com/arcanefuture

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

@arcanefuture - u were right the first time ("Yeah, can see why you disowned the track..") lol.  i have every reason to disown this...this...BLASPHEMY :).  its just not the dark, twisted, zodiac style im known for and it hurts...it hurts so fuckin bad lol.  but anyhoo, thanx arcane, glad u like it.

Coordman

PROBLEM SOLVED!! And in a big way! Just realized that I can record from my PS2 through an optical cable directly into the S/PDIF port on my PC. This means all of my future recordings will be strictly digital! Freaking sweet!  ;D

Coordman

@Arcane. TMBG have been around since the early 80's and have an unbelievably massive discography. Birdhouse sort of fits what I'm talking about, but only in that the subject matter is really the invention of the lightbulb, and not one of any spiritual relavence which is usually the misinterpretation. Check out a song called They'll Need a Crane, which is a very peppy mid-80's rock sounding track, the lyrics of which seem to be describing a man who built a house for his wife, only for her to leave him.

Another good example is a song called Destination Moon which is, again, kind of an optimistic sounding 16 beat rock song about a bed ridden man who is possibly dealing with Alzheimers. He either was or believes he was once an astonaut. He is consumed with escaping the hospital because he believes he is about to miss a mission to the moon which his orderly has secretly (and deviously) convinced him is real.

My Man is another optimistic sounding song about a man who is being informed that he will never walk again. There are a ton of these. I could literally fill up a whole page. :)

Coordman

ArcaneFuture

@Coordman - Cheers, really must find the time to check them out more thoroughly!
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture

www.soundcloud.com/arcanefuture