THIS MAKES ME SOO ANGRY

Started by OverKlockD, July 30, 2008, 12:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quade77

Quote from: JCW on November 21, 2008, 12:01:46 AM
Is he trying to speak 14th century Scottish or something? What the hell is this idiocy.

hahahaha that is fucking funny man lol

JCW

Quote from: quade77 on February 13, 2009, 12:10:04 AM
Quote from: JCW on November 21, 2008, 12:01:46 AM
Is he trying to speak 14th century Scottish or something? What the hell is this idiocy.

hahahaha that is fucking funny man lol

Lol, well....!!!!

DJ_Omnimaga

True, I myself am not a grammar-nazi and I am kinda against grammar naziness because it's just annoying, especially for foreign users, and can be considered as rude for newcomers and grammar-naziness is some form of trolling, but at least people should make their comments understandable. On my old youtube channel I only understood about half of the comments, evne if almost all were in english

JCW

Well I'm not being funny Omni, but I myself am half Scottish and to see someone talking like that is actually a little insulting because although Scottish & Irish people sound like that sometimes with the accent we don't talk like that. So to see some idiot typing out an accent is ridiculous. 'Oi Moight ahswell tawk laht this and fings you 'no wot I meen?'

DJ_Omnimaga

true, I notice that a lot on Hardcoreproducer.org, ush.net and happyhardcore.com. It gets annoying. Even the good contributing members who make awesome music, tutorials and help talk like this and I barely ever understand

For grammar naziness I meant more people who will correct every single of your mistakes when you chat or post or badmouth you for making one typo in 4 paragraphs, even if they hardly matter at all though

zapphnath

Quote from: JCW on February 13, 2009, 11:12:50 AM
'Oi Moight ahswell tawk laht this and fings you 'no wot I meen?'

That sounds like Brad Pitt's character in "Snatch".

Actually, it sounds like just about every character in Guy Ritchie's movies.

As for being a grammar-nazi, I learned, early on, that that sort of thing is annoying - even for the person doing it.  If you try to correct every little mistake you read, you'll never have any time left to actually say anything new.

EDIT:  WooHoo!!  100th post!

stonecold

I get frustrated with myself cos im not good at spelling and tend to shorten words i cant spell (like esp = especialy lol!)and not good at typing what im thinking very well. I know what i want to say but get a block when it comes to writing it.

I suppose text speak has conditioned us to tolerate bad grammar. I dont mind it really.
I'd rather be a nobody, than a somebody who 'nearly' made it.
http://uk.youtube.com/user/wdivi

quade77

2 words guys, spell check lol  ;D

Not a Number

My only problem is that I ramble a lot in my posts making the whole thing look disorganized. :-/

DJ_Omnimaga

hehe I tend to do that a lot too, even on IRC. SOmetimes I have to repost my IRC lines of text because I realise my client truncated the last few words because it was too long