Jester Interactive forums back online

Started by DJ Omnimaga, August 07, 2008, 05:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

It seems like Jester Interactive is still showing some signs of activity. After updating their site with a non-music game a few months ago, their first update since 2006, they now have put their forums back online as well. They got rid of some sections of the forums but the Music series section seems to have been kept intact. On the front page the Music 2002 Club Edition page now seems gone for good (it was hacked and either they lost it or decided to not put it back up), but Music 3000 and Music series page are still online.

Could this mean we could see a new Music game in the next few years?

JCW

That would be nice. Music 4000.  :D Or Music 2008.

Maybe a new MTV Music Generator. Whichever the case, they could release it for a next gen console and the library could hold an astonishing ammount of samples.

Not a Number

The Music and MTVMG series are one and the same. :P

But very yes, I would petition for MTV Music Generator 4 / Music 4000, provided if they got back with Codemasters for it. Although I haven't really set my hands on anything past MTVMG2 (I think one of my friends had MTVMG2 for PS2, but I had no idea that it was the same series as Music 2000.. I wasn't that too good at it anyway, what with the vertical scrolling. :P)

JCW

Yeah I'm not too great at it, I own it but could never get to grips with it. I'll just stick to 3000. :P

Did you listen to the songs I posted? I could use some feedback to see if people like them or if I need help with any areas.

Fear 2 StopĀ®

I love the vertical scrolling. Call me nuts ;)

I would so much love a new addition. Music 3000/DHF to me was a disaster.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

DJ_Omnimaga

My biggest gripe about it is reverb. It's so bad compared to others. Music Generator 3 at least kept a similar reverb style than the 3 first ones, even if the settings were different. It didn't have the good old space reverb but you could add some echo to every reverb type.

JCW I'll prbly check soon, I got a lil busy lately and due to a skyrocketing song upload rate since august I am about 1 month lagging behind on songs uploaded. I still have about 100 to listen to I think x.x. Also Music series is the same than MTV Music Generator, the thing is:

Europe | North America
(PS1) MUSIC | never released in NA
(PS1/PC) Music 2000 | MTV Music Generator
(PS2) MTV Music Generator 2 | MTV Music Generator 2
(GBC/GBA) Pocket Music | never released in NA
(PC) Music 2002 Club Edition: Slinky | never released in NA
(PS2) Music 3000 | Digital Hitz Factory
(PS2/Xbox) MTV Music Generator 3 | MTV Music Generator 3

companies always loved to fuck with america when they release games here. Lot of stuff are renamed for marketting reasons. Some stuff are even removed, like in Music 2000, there was language options and a video of codemasters products and the screen was bigger and lets you see 10 channels at a time, but in the american versions all that is removed and you only see 8 channels at once). They even got rid of two of the demo songs.

JCW

Okay thanks, I appreciate that you're busy.

I've never heard of Music 2002... any idea where I could pick that up aside from internet?

DJ_Omnimaga

I really don't recommend this one, same goes for the PC version of Music 2000. The controls are the most horrible and on most new computers it's unstable. Also sound quality isn't as good as the PSX version. Music 2002 is basically the same thing than Music 2000 PC but the interface is purple and text yellow-ish, there's lot of samples from Music 3000 and some from MTVMG2 and it comes with no royalty-free license, unlike all other products in the series

Not a Number

I think the only reason they removed two demo songs was fear of legal action (Leftfield's "Double Flash" and a shorter version of Grooverider's "Jack the Ripper" (which I downloaded the original of a couple years back, and to be fair, the Music 2000 version is quite close to the original))

DJ_Omnimaga

To be honest these two songs are the demo songs I hated the most for some reasons. Idk, they seemed a bit too basic to me, but I guess it's because I am more into hardcore and eurodance. But again, this website makes all demo songs sound crappy and basic, especially with stuff by Pillagemyvillage, Quade, Madnessxiii, audioghost, etc.

I guess the artists probably didn't wanted their songs to be released worldwide or to be featured on shitty MTV music television channel, which would probably have tried to claim the rights of the song. Lot of ppl hate MTV lol, I never understood what MTV had to do with MTVMG1. I know about the licensing deal but they didn't even added anything to the software. As for MTVMG2 all they have added are samples from popular artists and demo songs from them. They weren't involved much in it as most stuff was from Music and Music 2000 and Jester/Codemasters