Just returned to the forum after a long break. I don't believe this is Quade or Pillage, as they have moved on. I can testify to that. If someone posts a negative comment on your music there is no need to report it. I would not like to return to emails in my inbox informing me of a report that someone has posted on the forum. If someone posts on the forum a negative comment it does not necessarily mean it is Quade or Pillage. If it's negative just take what they say in stride. It does not require a report. If that's the case then no one should post. I have read the comment and it does not seem to be hitting at you as a person, it's merely a matter of opinion. And I believe after reading the comment, that that's all it is.
Get your PM requests into me by 10pm BRITISH TIME (That's Greenwich meantime) on Sunday night so I can sticky the tunes that you would like. Read the rules as I won't re-iterate them here. I was going to say 7pm but then I remembered I have to compensate for American users so they have special dispensation that so long as the request is PM'ed to me by 12 midnight American time (which ever time zone you are in please let me know so the time limits are fair for everyone) then they will also be stickied. Sufficient time has been given, and I'm sure all users would agree with me. This topic is locked as it will only be used by me to make Sticky Sunday time announcements and any changes needed if necessary. Once all tunes are PM'ed to me I will make a special topic so you can all see the tunes yourself and they will be linked so no excuse saying you can't find it or see it. Remember it's up to YOU to comment, hopefully this will give people the incentive they need and generate more activity in the board. Cheers.
Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner Rob, been hella busy cooking up some...well let's say stuff that you may find out about (well all TIMGUL listeners will!) I think it should still go ahead as planned as I believe a lot of good new tracks (which due to my cooking) I haven't got round to listening to, but I'll put an announcement up soon enough to let everyone know
Here are the rules for the new incentive I am bringing forward to help the board and encourage participation.
1. You must PM myself with the song you would like stickied and a link to the songs topic.
2. Only one request can be made per week.
3. Only one song can be stickied. The sticky will hold in place for 7 days from topic being stickied.
4. There is no PM spamming of songs you would like stickied. Again it is only one request per week.
5. It is not first come first serve. You PM me and the song will be stickied.
6. Each artist can request whichever of their own songs they would like and it is to be only one sticky which is allocated to each artist.
7. Once the 7 days are up the song will be unstickied and will revert to a normal topic.
8. An artist gets 4 requests per month, one request to count for each week of the month. But they cannot be used all at once.
9. Any abuse of this feature or these rules will result in your sticky request being taken away.
10. You sticky request must be PM'ed to me by Sunday, through which I will sticky the songs and make a list of those songs stickied and publish it on the forum.
11. Every Sunday will now be known as Sticky Sunday (make any vulgar jokes that you like haha). Again I will re-interate that the sticky holds in place till the following Sunday (7 days) and the new stickies will be put in place.
12. If your sticky PM request is not in to me by that Sunday you will lose your request for that week. Many people will say this is unfair but it is the only way to balance against those who don't visit the forum as regularly and the 7 day time limit is sufficient time through which you can get your request to me. Again this rule inparticular hopefully will encourage more activity as many people will want their song stickied. I understand that not many people can come on as often as they like but if they even have 2 minutes then it's enough given that they have 7 days to get the request to me.
I hope these explain the new incentive and that everyone enjoys this new idea. Hopefully it will generate the kind of activity we used to here at TIMGUL. I know that comments on tunes help everyone and can encourage artists to make new tunes. I hope this brings the balance and participation we know and enjoy here at TIMGUL and that everyone will enjoy this opportunity to make good tunes and have a guaranteed way of getting them out there!
Well it's not me who decides, the artist picks one tune and one tune only of their own which is stickied for 7 days from point of sticky. This then generates more interest as people will immediately see which song has been stickied once they go into the thread. Like I said it's ONE STICKY PER ARTIST EVERY 7 DAYS. An artist can only put ONE of their tracks forward for sticky and it's not on a first come first serve basis. Again I will reiterate, it's one song per artist per week. I will publish a list of the rules set forward for this initative as soon as possible to allay any questions you may have.
I will also be doing a weekly stickied list every Sunday so people know which comments have been stickied. I feel if an artist wants it stickied knowing it is their only one, then they must feel its worthy of some kind of comment be it positive or constructive criticism, therefore every member can see what is new.
What I am deciding to do (and I hope the moderators will think this is a good idea), is make a new incentive to try and get more activity in the forum and try and encourage more comments in the tune making process. This kind of criticism has helped me in the past with people commenting on mine and sometimes I do note that some good tunes can go uncommented just simply because a lot of tunes have fell to the bottom due to the volume of tunes that are posted. Therefore, I feel like we as admins can do more in helping the people on this forum. I would still class myself as somewhat of a newbie and I always appreciated every comment given on my tune. But I came up with this little idea that I hope people will appreciate. So (on a temporary basis only) each artist will be given the option to get a tune of theirs stickied every week. This will be ONE TUNE ONLY PER WEEK, and after the week has passed the tune will be unstickied as normal. I hope people don't think this is a bad idea and if you want your tune stickied then all you need to do is PM and I will do it for you. I truely feel this can help the forum and encourage more people's participation. If you feel this is a bad idea, please don't hesitate to say so. I will dismiss it if the majority of members don't like it as I am all about fair and that's all I want to display with this idea.
Not to sound like a megalomaniac here but seeing as Omni put us in charge and trusted us to run the site (which we will with respect), shouldn't the changes be up to us? I mean yeah it's his site and I appreciate him creating it and running it for so long because it's been a MUSIC godsend, but if he is absent and we are the show-runners shouldn't we decide what sketches get aired? (Analogy there)
Haha this one made me laugh but in a good way! You can hear how children would connect to a song like this. And in another positive note it sounds like it would be used for like a hell level soundtrack on a Mario game and their music was epic so that's quite the compliment! I like the kick drum (if that is what it is!!) and the melody does have the evil child/demon kinda feel so yeah I definately liked it!