InYourEyes (Pillaged Offset Remix)

Started by pillagemyvillage, July 23, 2008, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillagemyvillage

well then... god damn it ive had some problems the past few weeks!
first, my laptop has a damaged power lead so turns itself off when ever it feels like it.
second my ps2 only reads discs when it feels like it...
so due to this i only have this track to upload!
i dont think its finished but i just cant get my ps2 to work to edit it, so this is the best version i have.
ive missed spreading some timgul love too!
anyway, i liked the original so decided to give it a re-work...
hope it comes across ok, im sure when my ps2 works i will be able to edit it, but until then... enjoy! 

DJ_Omnimaga

Hey nice to see a new track from you. I'm sorry to hear about your laptop and PS2 though :( I hope you can get them repaired soon. I thought your absence was due to summer and travelling/going to see family like a lot of people but I was a bit worried you were kinda moving on from music stuff or leaving o.o, I'm glad it's not the case.

As for the song itself it's awesome as always, however something irks me about the bassline that starts around 0:00:25, it doesn't seems to fit :(, Idk if it's because of my headphones but it seemed offkey for some reasons. I think you should use the same bassline than your older songs like Fanfare for a Timgul User or Another Chance. Did you tried with the other basslines from the original Inyoureyes song? SOme were cool, maybe they would fit well in the remix. Anyway I hope you can make new songs again soon, you're still my favourite producer here lol ^^

quade77

nice , really like it at 2.30mins in and again at about 3.30.  ;D

im having major problems at the mo, im have 2 tunes on the go at the moment and no matter what i do to them they keep going wrong, even if i add 1 note to the track it keeps corrupting?????????????? so im stuck with what i have made so far and cant add or take away from the tune, any ideas on what to do about this problem mate?

many thanks

pillagemyvillage

hmmm that bassline... ive used the sample 'what bass'.
ive used this because i wanted to try a different kind of bass sample aside from 'dancer' and 'sinetime bass'.
maybe the problem was that i didnt use headphones when making the tune... the bass sounds fine on my speakers...
its a shame i cant adjust at the moment...
oh and dont worry, im not moving on, dont think i ever will! its just ive had probs with my computers!
gonna sort it soon though.
i guess thats why i uploaded this tune even though unfinished. just wanted to keep up the timgul love!  :D

hey quade, ive never had this prob.
when first making a tune i make the basic bass and melody and then save.
i then load that file to make sure it is ok.
when loaded ok i start making the percussion etc.
after a while i save under a different file name.
i then load this to check its ok.
if not i still have the other file to load and work on again.
when loaded ok i continue work and then save under a different file name again.
after a while you can delete older files to save space as you know the more recent saved files load ok as youve checked them.

usually i know when its gonna crash as weird things happen like samples playing oddly.

im not sure what to suggest... ive had files crash but not when adding only one note...
maybe save again and then use that file to try modifying/deleting samples and seeing waht happens... trial and lots of error i guess  :'(

pillagemyvillage

by the way congrats omni, 1000 posts... cool!!  :o  :D

DJ_Omnimaga

wow I just noticed my post count o.O I didn't thought I was alerady at 1000 (I was at like 950 last time I checked) and I was exactly at 1000 now lol

As for the bass I think the problem is that it's not at the right key. I think it would be better if it was set to C like the other bassline instead of the key at which the melody chords are most of the time

147 crew

Nice REMIX, Really like this tune..quality melody, can't notice too much wrong with the bass..I did listen through headphones, sounded great..

Shame bout yr computer goin wrong, I had the same problem with my disc but my substitute £1 copy from amazon soon fixed that, oh and my lens cleaner..now I feel on fire. 16 tunes since June  :o

Hope yr problem gets fixed soon, well up for more DANCE/TRANCE GEMS!!  :D

DJ_Omnimaga

actually after listening a few more times i am getting used to the basslines, I think it's because the kickdrum isnt very loud and bassline has pretty low frequency. On speakers this sounds awesome :)

147 crew

Next time I have a spring clean round my house this will be getting the FULL treatment..

DarkBliss

That kickdrum is awsome! I love the little "bass" vocal, is that an MTVMG2 in game vocal?

As always, this is brilliant, you should know what my comments are going to be for your tunes by now, extremely dancable, supreme melodies, ecellent production, all the markings of a professional.

Just brilliant.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

Beoulve

Fantastic production. I'm not a big fan of this type of music anymore, but I really like this one. Great intensity and lovely melodies.

pillagemyvillage

DJ_Omnimaga

wow much better now. I liked the old version but for some reasons the second bassline sounded weird and out of key, especially on headphones. I also love the other adjustments you did to the song now. It feels even more trancy in overall ^^

DarkBliss

Brilliant, excellent, superb, outstanding........

....you know the score by now!
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

Beoulve

Simply put, this is fantastic! Awesome production, and I love the changes you made. You improved on something that was awesome in the first place, that's a great feat. Congrats!