A Formal Introduction

Started by JulianNachash, October 13, 2008, 05:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JulianNachash

Greetings and salutations.

I must admit, it was difficult to find this site.  But now that I have found it, I do believe I shall do quite a bit of exploring, for there is much to see and hear.

I don't tend to describe much of my history with the Music series.  To put it simply: I started with the MG for the PS1 in 2000 and composed several albums; found that I did not like the MG2 for the PS2; settled with the MG3 for the Xbox (although I was a little disappointed in the lack of actual composition qualities) and composed/mixed several more albums.  Eventually, I moved on to other PC software and have been keeping myself occupied with numerous projects ever since.

I understand that, according to the TOS, we're not meant to advertise.  Does that include our own websites?  It's much easier to find my music on my available sites.

Sincerely, although delayed,
-Julian A. Nachash
------------------------------------
"Sanity is the only true fantasy."

The Official Website of Julian Nachash: http://juliannachash.us/

JulianNachash

Ok.  I've listened to two pieces created on the MG2 and I must say that I have apparently misjudged this game.  I seriously must have missed something while I was playing it ... and I just might have to purchase it immediately.

JCW

Welcome to the TIMGUL boards Julian. Hope you make friends and enjoy your stay with us. :)

DJ_Omnimaga

Welcome aboard :), I hope to hear your stuff soon :)

As for MG2 I prefer Music 2000/MTVMG1 to be honest because I feel it's faster to use, but it may be because I use an emulator to run it since it doesn't run very well on my PS2, I can do songs in 4 hours in it while it takes me 6 to do a similar song in MTVMG2, but MTVMG2 is my second favourite in the series. Pocket Music and MTVMG3 gotta be the worst of all in term of being able to make your own stuff.

As for advertising it's mostly for selling stuff or advertising your website. The former is because it will be hard to make the difference between real members and spambots if they advertise on their first posts and often spambots links to viruses, scams and phishing. The latter is mostly to prevent people from joining just to advertise their site and leave right afterward, which is pretty looked upon on most internet forums. However you are free to announce anything/post URLs in your forum signature in your profile and we tolerate the announcing of websites in public for members who contributed a lot to the community, altough if it's to sell something we would prefer that it's an Ebay or Amazon link since their sites are secure for transactions ;)

JulianNachash

Danke!

I still prefer MG1 over everything else I've used.  I agree entirely about MG3.  It's limited greatly, but there are still enduring qualities about the mixes that can come from it.  I only write Instrumentals, so you won't find but a few vocal samples ... three, I believe.  A laugh and some minor scat.

I understand about security.  I can't stand anything suspicious, malicious or even pop-up windows (unless they're required through the web-design structure).  I suppose there's no need to advertise further.

Thanks for the welcome, by the way.  I typically don't use forums, but this one is very special to me.  Oh, and as far as selling anything, that's in the process of becoming a reality ... and a slow moving process at that.  It's a UK distributor; a very close friend of mine running his own business.  I trust him, but eventually, there won't be a need to buy anything unless you want the hard-copy with the album art.  The discography will be free to download, regardless.

DJ_Omnimaga

Cool, I wish you luck for selling your stuff, hopefully you'll be able to make some money. :)

pillagemyvillage

quade77

glad to have you aboard man :) look forward to hearing your music

oh by the way i think you will like darkbliss's work in the Ambient / Experimental section, its awesome

147 crew

Hard to find?  :D

Welcome aboard, know what you mean about misjudging the generators. Some of the tunes on here are mind-boggling. Where do they get those sounds from  ???

JulianNachash

Thanks for the welcome.

I could not tell you where they find such beauty, but it's there within them.  It's going to take me forever to go through and comment on every song ... and that's just one genre category. lol

DJ_Omnimaga

Yeah I agree that this site must be hard to find. Unless you find one of my tunes or Maxijherb's on Youtube good luck finding the site on Google. Most stuff you will find are Gamespot/Gamefaq/Ign style sites with only infos about the games, not even TIMGUL, Jester Interactive or XSGames. You will be lucky if you even find Codemasters. My site must be in at least page #15 on google lol.

As for the Music Generators it's hard to figure out which sound sounds the best to do some stuff sometimes because there are so many to offer, even after 6 years of using Music 2000 I still find new ideas. I never thought before that I could find any use of the Zap sample other than an actual zap effect and I never thought I could use Sawtooth as an eurodance synth if pitched up at 6th octave at 11 KHz

I myself still haven' listened to all songs yet, I still need to go through the unsorted category, which is actually supposed to dissapear completly at one point. ALl songs used to be in one single category here since I didn't expected much uploads when starting this site last year but activity skyrocketed and I had to split them by genres due to slow loading times. But I didn't got enough time to sort everything yet, there's stuff I alerady listened to but I don't remember which song x.x.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we got past 1000 songs by the end of 2008, altough the total will always decrease from time to time, as lot of people upload to savefiles/rapidshare/mediafire or such external file hosts, meaning if the file won't get enough downloads the link goes down after a month or so, so sometimes I check old posts and delete topics where the song is no longer avaliable