Hi everyone! im new here.

Started by stonecold, October 26, 2008, 01:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonecold

Just stumbled uppon this site. I thought i was the only one left using music 2000!  :D
Im from the uk,and have used 'music 2000' for 9 years.I use prof music production apps like reason and ablive,but keep coming back to 'music' for ease of use and just makes me more creative when using the limited sample set.

Got 'MUSIC' on ps1 when it came out,then got 'MUSIC2000' also on ps1. Then got 'mtv music generator2' for ps2 and hated it (plays down,not across) thought 'Music 3000' for ps2 was going to be cool but couldnt get on with the interface.(great sounds though).
Also have 'Music2000' for pc which is great but always crashes when i try to sample edit or import samples from a cd,though have got round this prob by editing own samples in audicity/cool edit then importing them.Still freezes up now and then.direct x probs i think. Exporting to wav is also hit and miss.. sometimes there is pops and clicks which when zoomed in,in a wave editor,the 'pops' are actualy bits missing from the wave.

The best for me has to be music2000 ps1. In the early days,i wired up 1 controller to 2 playstations(and tv's) so i could sync record the outputs from both ps1's (say 1 made to play beats run through an effect processor/compressor,and the other to play the synth stuff) all plugged through my dj mixer.-cd burner (i didnt have a computer then!) The other advantage of this system was polyphony. when you load up the ps with say more than 8 or 10 tracks, the sound suffers with samples dropping out or that one string note would jump out no matter what volume you set it.
Have about 25 memory cards full of tracks.
I now have a ps3 which i continue to use music2000,though now i have the optical audio out plugged into my edirol sound card to get my tracks to pc,or into my boss br recorder.
Sorry if i bored you! Looking forward to hearing your stuff,and ill upload some of my (music2000 only) tracks.
Peace.
I'd rather be a nobody, than a somebody who 'nearly' made it.
http://uk.youtube.com/user/wdivi

JCW

Welcome to TIMGUL, stonecold. Enjoy your stay with us.

DJ_Omnimaga

Heya welcome here :)

I am surprised you manage to run Music 2000 on PS3, is there a special way to do it? Because everyone else who told me they tried got chimpmunk sounds instead of normal samples :(

And I understand the thing about sound channels being missed during playback. I got this to happen a lot on the PS2 and it takes about 2 minutes to load samples. Fortunately  when playing on a PS1 back then or when I use a PS1 emulator I didn't got any trouble, altough with 24 notes playing at once some samples would be hard to hear and if the volume was too high it would make other samples harder to hear. I find that when using kickdrums that are not very strong but have lot of bass you barely hear them when load of strings, basslines and other stuff play. Other times it's the strings that gets near impossible to hear.

Nowadays I am able to deal with this quite fine though, and I love Music 2000 and don't mind using the others from time to time (except the PC Music softwares and the first PS1 MUSIC). However it seems that all the softwares in the series suffers from this problem. When making a track demo on Music 2002 (which is basically Music 2000 PC but with added samples from Music 3000 and different look) I could barely hear the strings. MTVMG3 has to be the worst of all when it comes to this playback problem though

stonecold

Hmmm,not had a prob with ps3 playing music2000. I have a 40gig system which cant play ps2 stuff but plays ps1 fine. There are 48/44.1/88.2/176.4khz output options but think this is for cd audio output only. Play with the settings.

I always felt my ps2 handled music 2000 better than ps1. Quicker load/save times.My ps1 used to just freeze up when saving big files and corrupted the memory card. I lost so much good stuff and after 4 hours of painstaking work there was nothing. Never had that prob with ps2.

Apart from say 1 track(my latest one) iv tried never to use a pre loaded riff. Every beat,note and pattern has been layed down from scratch. My favorite 'snare' sound is the 'smash glass' sample speeded up. Il see if i can upload a track tonight.

JulianNachash

------------------------------------
"Sanity is the only true fantasy."
------------------------------------

The Official Website of Julian Nachash: http://juliannachash.us/

Beoulve

Welcome to TIMGUL, can't wait to hear your stuff!

stonecold

Hey guys, just posted up a track in the hip-hop section. Any feedback is apreciated. Dance/tech/house stuff coming soon. also hopefully il get round to digging out my really old mem cards and seeing if there is anything i can finish and put up also.

Cheers.
Ps.. this site has made me get right back into music2000. My other projects are gonna have to wait!

crimzon doom

\\\\\\\"citius altius fortius\\\\\\\"

DJ_Omnimaga

Cool, I will check soon :). I'm not too fond of hip hop personally since it often lacks good chord progression but I like to listen to the good beat sometimes and there is one song I like a lot in particular