PILLAGE and QUADE timgul mix

Started by pillagemyvillage, February 16, 2009, 12:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pillagemyvillage

so... i will be meeting up with quade soon, smoking, drinking, playing our mtvmg2/ableton tunes and exchanging mtvmg2 files for remixing...
anyways i reckon for a few hours we could do a big ol timgul mix, giving it some pro mixing, clean and crisp.
if you could pick 2 of your best tunes to be included what would they be?

for me id go for, choral scape and messages from heaven 09.

JCW

I'd have to let you decide, because I never believe my music is good enough to make any grade.

pillagemyvillage

hell no jcw, you are a top cat! just roughly what tracks you think are your best. y'know the ones where when youve finished them, youve thought thats not bad at all. i know we are our own worst critics, but you have made some top tunes pal.

Casper AudioGhost

for me change yourself,is an important tune.i did a lot of far out inventive shit on that track i must say(hope i don't sound arrogant)i am not sure what my 2nd pick would be   casper
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

pillagemyvillage

well id put change yourself in anyway lol (love it so much!).
please dont be modest people, it would just be easier to put in a list of tunes to mix, rather than going through the 900 odd songs on here lol! just think what tunes you and others would like to hear in a mix. :)

Casper AudioGhost

well in that case heres 5 personal faves
shooter
blue lotus
velvet
midnight groover
#1 mindbender
i am still ill at ther moment but as soon s i can get motivated i am going to do a Pillage/Quade double mix to kick off a series of mixes with 2 great artists af similar artistry in a back to back set    casper

pillagemyvillage

that would be awesome and very good of you. i, along with quade, would be honoured!

quade77

pillage is right guys you really need to tell us your best tunes, if you want to be in the mix, i think im gonna lose my Internet connection maybe for a few weeks after the 25th. because im switching provider. anyway, we need your tunes by the 19th of feb, so get thinking, ideally it would be best to have trance/house/techno/ tunes EG anything with a 4 step kickdrum, but if you really cant , then let us know what you have got ;D

you just know its gonna be awesome  ;D

quade77

thanks audioghost thats really cool of you man, hope you get well soon dude ,

pillagemyvillage

surely you would have earth unknown and trance mit? i hope youre packing a good stereo, because id love to smoke and hear those pumping out!!

Casper AudioGhost

well here's my method.i know some of your songs well.others i don't.i am going to go in and dl about 20 of your tracks at random,(each)i skim thru each one and get an impression then i note what caught me and i go to work.thanks quade,this bug i got sux bad but it's sorta fading i hope
casper

Irndemon

:) Cool!! If i had to choose,I would pick:

either,The Whale Tune,...African Sundown Or Jungle beaches.

And without a doubt:Liquid Metal Skeleton [part 2] T-1000 Brutal Version....Love it!

All my tracks are in the style of Drum n Bass or Jungle though...I do have a 4x4 jungle techno remix of JCW - Shuttle Landing that can be found in the DnB section...But still....Big difference in bpm compared to house,techno & trance.

170bpm+

Up to you  :)

pillagemyvillage

might be possible to cut it up and not interupt the flow. id want to include some of your music, as its brilliant

quade77

im sure it will be ok, well we will just have to wait and see what we can do, its gonna be a master piece no matter what,  ;)

147 crew

I think you guys should set up a cam of some sweet mixing, be quality. Its great that peoples are doin' mixes. Hopefully we are getting a new comp soon,(said that b4.) from my GF's sis. ITS XP!!!! WMM finally, will attempt some mixes at some point, Tutorial needed.

I think my best tune is 'Sting of Tellus' quite an odd beat pattern for mixing perhaps? Then I guess 'World Comm..'

Mp3 is a bit Shite though, will re-upload. Look out for ya mix, I know it will be special. ENJOY  :D

JCW

Hrnn, my fav tune I ever did was Enforcement Metal Skeleton, but it's D&B. I'm not sure about the Techno 4 beat stuff.. perhaps Shuttle (Blast off), maybe House Cats & Dance, feel the need. Not my favs but I don't think the others would match...

Not a Number

I think my best tunes that's I've made so far are probably my TTFATF cover (200BPM) and 32-bit Twist (140BPM). However, I am in the process of making another one (an actual album track, shock-o'horrors), and at the moment, it's very unfinished (plus sadly it might not be one of the "free" tracks; it might just be available for download for about a couple days before the link's deleted) (fun fact: as it's more of a test of whether the style I'm trying to do works; it's under a working title of "Baby Bear".. so I get the style "just right" </lame joke if you get it>)

pillagemyvillage

lol second hand shit! thanks for the recommendations, you will fit in nicely with your awesome beats and bass!

pillagemyvillage

well with your quality percussion and bass, remix choral scape!!!

pillagemyvillage

yeah do it! its a really simple main melody, its the work around it that changes it so much. if you look on the choral scape post ive wriiten in the notes. i reckon you'd do a good little remix!