The GREATEST timgul tune of a decade?

Started by pillagemyvillage, July 05, 2009, 07:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear 2 Stop®

Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

pillagemyvillage

yeah when jcw returns maybe it could be put on the front page, and then give everyone enough time to post their songs... once all the songs are in, a poll could be created and then after a set amount of time, the top 10 voted tracks could be placed into another poll, and then after another set amount of time, the top voted song would be crowned!!

quade77

just want to say the only way this can work and be fair is if we put it into (""genres"" lol) or categories like, best DnB tune, Best Trance tune, Best HardTrance, Best House, Best ambient ect....then have nominations, make it the TIMGUL AWARDS rather then THE BEST TIMGUL TUNE EVER, because people will vote for the kinda music they like the most rather then what is the best tune, because how can you say it "the best"? are we talking about the melody's used? how well it is put together? how good is the sound quietly? its not gonna work dudes, need to break it down, and that way there will be more then one winner and more people will be happy to enter,

then once we have the best from all the categories, then vote for the best tune from all the winners in the different categories  !  a winners winner vote  ;D

quade77

Quote from: nakamura on July 12, 2009, 10:11:49 PM

Perhaps a tune of the month system is in order, people can put a track in and the mods can chat about the track in the mods forum and have a fair and open discussion.

yeah i like the sound of that too mate, cool idea.

i will also start making some categories up for the awards and run them passed the mods to see what we think, ill try and think of everything, then we can break it down a littel, cool

DarkBliss

I completely agree with Quade and his TIMGUL awards idea and yeah, tune of the month sounds cool too.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

Season 8

Sorry but I have a top 5 regardless of polls, so instead of that (and it may have been suggested), why don't people just select their own favourite tracks, I know mine won't be up there, as a newbie I'm completely cool with that, I'm nowhere near as good as Pillage, Quade, Bliss, JCW, Nakamura, Shellshaka etc, but I feel if people just select their top 5 personal choices, it may make for a much better variety and people maybe surprised by the results.

Season 8

TIMGUL awards sounds cool as well, because I don't think there is a "greatest" cos at the end of the day its all about opinions, and we are but (I hope!) humble artists! Haha

JCW

Very good points Blonde, and there is no post length limit. Feel free to go nuts as often as you like.

JCW

Courtesy went out the window here a long time ago, I have no issues with length of posts. In fact I encourage longer posts in TIMGUL, gives me something to read.

pillagemyvillage

ok peeps, lets do this make it a big thing, liven up the board and the down loads. put it on the front page etc.....
maybe it would be best to look at all of the ideas suggested and then go with the best idea...
best song of each genre, with song of the month etc... its up to you guys how it would be done, but lets do it to encourage interaction and so on... lets get it on!!

Sacred Virgo

quade's idea is the best imo, however it's going to be difficult to make it work. there are just too many songs to listen to in each category and i'm not sure that many users have the will or the time to check that many songs. moreover we should think about the categories and this would get even more complicated.
i say let's make it as simple as possible. let's just write down our 10 favourite songs for now, then we could check if some songs are included in the lists of various users. those could be considered the best songs.
'song of the month' is a cool contest, but how can we vote with considering the currrent lack of partecipation to the forum?

quade77

pillagemyvillage

i still think that the best way would be for every artist to put forward 3 of their tunes (or 1-2 depending how many tunes you have uploaded) then put all of those tunes into a poll, then put the top 10 tunes into an overall poll (maybe for each genre?) then an overall top tune (again, possibly for each genre) could be decided upon votes being cast...
that way if there was a tune you havent heard you can listen and comment anyway, thus livening up the board... doesnt mean you have to vote for it...
could give a date for tunes to be be put forward too (although i already know what 3 of my tunes id put forward!)
i know that if i listed 'fanfare' in my top 3 tunes i've done, that people wouldnt need to listen to it as its quite popular. however if it was a tune from way down the boards, i might need to listen to refresh my memory etc...
this might well cause other less active timgul users to participate too, putting forward their songs even if its only one tune.
i really think it would be good fun, so lets do it!!

Fear 2 Stop®

Sounds good. I'd already planned on doing a topic with a poll with 5 of what I feel are my best songs, and having people vote. The top 3 vote getters I'll submit in this deal.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

Season 8

I thought we were going for the awards thing? The "greatest song" does sound a bit pretentious to me, that's my own opinion and as I have previously stated, it's not that I know that mine won't be involved, it's that it's all opinionated, and to be quite honest, I don't believe any one song is better than another. We all have our own production levels, our own genres, beats etc, no one song can be comprehensively compared to anothers by way of a vote as say mine will be different from someone else's vote, we all have our own personal favourites, and I think the awards would be a good way to boost a> morale on the board after all the shit that has happened, b> a way to reward people's personal hard work and effort and maybe get people more involved in the board again and finally c> a way to inspire people to create even better tunes in case they don't win one.