Aerials (Demo 090419a) & UNTITLED "09"

Started by Not a Number, July 13, 2009, 09:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not a Number

This were the two of mine that sadly got lost in the database crash, so I've decided to reupload them.

Title: Aerials (Demo 090419a)
Length: 3:57
Filetype: mp3 -> Attached
Genre: Rock
Created in: Music 2000 -- PSX (console)

An instrumental cover of the SOAD song. A few issues with some sections being in the wrong key, but it still works out pretty well in my opinion. Not likely to be finished. It really was a test to see if I could do a decent rock song. I'm sure the samples in the PC version sound better.
A "Demo 090419b" exists, but not much differs.

Title: UNTILITED "09"
Length: 4:39
Filetype: mp3 -> Attached
Genre: Rock/Techno
Created in: Music 2000 -- PSX (console)

Another instrumental. No actual title on this, but at the time, the name of the file was "09", so I just went with that. My main goal in making it was to try and merge Rock and Trance/Techno together. First time in trying, but I gave it my all. Was going to be the backing to a track on the album, but it didn't work out that too well.
(random fact: it's in the key of G Major, so I managed to improv the whole synth solo)

I am very much aware that in both of these, the bass has been turned up really high; I created these from the console itself (so no skipping) and through the TV - which, due to it being a slightly old TV/VHS combo, only has one speaker. I tried mastering it a little, but this was as best as I was able to get it. I've been considering getting a new TV (one with AV) with two speakers so this issue wouldn't arise.