little drum 'n bass trial with ableton

Started by Shellshaka, July 18, 2009, 07:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacred Virgo

hi guys, this is the result of my very first attempt with ableton. i know it's not much, it's just a test of an amen break and some sfx in the background repeated over and over.
however now it is clear to me that ableton has some serious potential, the effects seem to be very good and the program is easy to use when you know what you have to do to make it work.
so this is the beginning of my training, hopefully it will turn into a new era for my productions. it's a weird and exciting feeling to get back to the status of beginner.

quade77

WOW this is your first try?? this sounds fucking amazing!! i love it mate, so this is not a sampled drum riff? you made this beat all yourself!! i told you Ableton was awesome lol   ;) and you're right ableton dose have  potential, its a pro bit of kit but made so people with not much musical knowledge can use it, i would love to hear a completed piece of work from you shell if this is the standard you are at already with one try, keep up the amazing work man, (""it's a weird and exciting feeling to get back to the status of beginner""). that's how i felt the first time using it too, just the fact you have all these new toys to play with was a real buzz for me, and that you have such cool nice sounds in ableton with no nasty crackling and buzzing sound like with music,  with ableton the sky's the limit shell, im still learning it myself, but the good thing about it is that you will always be learning with it because the paths you can take are endless, really happy i have another ableton buddy learning the kit,, will be cool to see what you come up with in the future!! good luck mate and this little tune just proves you are gonna make some seriously awesome stuff.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS you should drop a huge bass line in this tune, that will sound of the hook

quade77

by the way, if you are really serious about getting somewhere with this software i can send you some amazing VST synthesizers that plug in to ableton , it really makes it much easier to use and EVEN MORE fun lol, its a little tricky getting use to it but after a few hours or days it all come so easy, just a thought

Sacred Virgo

thanks quade i'd love to try those VSTs. most likely i won't upload any more trials unless they are decent enough to me, i just posted this one here because i was very excited about the idea of getting the grip of this program's basics for the first time. now i'll go through a long, lonely period of training. there's so much i have to learn. anyway for now i won't let go the use of music generator. probably i'll try to combine all the programs that i have.
again, thanks quade for getting me started, i'll do my best not to disappoint your expectations. just hang in there, i'll be back in this ableton section as soon as possible

JCW

Wow, sounds like you chopped up the amen pretty good for the drums. It has a very experimental, drum funk style sounds that I'm sure Irndemon would enjoy. Creepy atmospheric sounds in the background too. I'm impressed, like Quade says Ableton has the sky as a limit, he produces excellent music on it and I'm sure you will too. I'd like to hear a finished version, let me know how you get on with this if you decide to pursue it.

Smates

Not really my cup of tea but well done for a first try! The drums could use some more variety so I'm very interested in your next Ableton project!
It's not about what you have but what you can do with it!