Liquid Iron [PLATINUM REMIX]

Started by J-MACHine, August 05, 2009, 03:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

Whilst i wait for my adapter to arrive, i figure i'll give you a taste of the 4 most recent recordings i've made. All of them are Last.fm Links, that allow you to preview the track on the site, and they're up for a free download.

And, last but not least: Liquid Iron [PLATINUM REMIX]

http://www.last.fm/music/J-MACHine/Paradise+Line+OST/Liquid+Iron+%5BPLATINUM+REMIX%5D+(Boss+Battle+%5BProf.+Goddart%5D)

I have to admit, i like this a lot more over the original. If mostly because of the way i made it switch between "styles", in terms of the beat if nothing else. The beat goes from a basic Trance beat with a little Ride Cymbal flair, to a Trip Hop loop (Some of which, i will not lie, is a pre-made loop. Can't remember which off the top of my head), eventually merging both together later on down the line. The chords have, yet again, distinct Ambient/Low Key touches to them, as is the little melody loop. Which, for the record, yes, is supposed to sound a little "broken". The songs 'theme' revolved around rotting, aging metal. Henceforth the Ironic use of "Platinum" in the title.

I have to admit, my favorite element of this is the bassline. Both the quirkier, jumpier bassline, and the smoother one. 'Moogy' is a great little sample to use in that respect, so don't be suprised if it shows up in my work every now and again!

And now, with all four songs out of the way, hope you enjoy, and look foward to what comes from here on out!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™