Hi guys!

Started by RSCONCEPTIONS©, August 20, 2009, 02:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSCONCEPTIONS©

So I have already posted a couple of messages but I figured I would introduce myself here.

I am Rikki, 23 from Kent, England. I use Music 2000 and FL Studio to make my music. I have Colour>Sound Synaesthesia (I see colours and shapes in my head when listening to music).

I wanted to ask - is this forum still busy? I would like to participate in this forum to share ideas, music and tips with people - but I read a "goodbye" thread from another member saying it's a bit dead lately... kind of discouraging?

??

Rikki :)

Sacred Virgo

Quote from: rikki-inside on August 20, 2009, 02:28:29 PM
I wanted to ask - is this forum still busy? I would like to participate in this forum to share ideas, music and tips with people - but I read a "goodbye" thread from another member saying it's a bit dead lately... kind of discouraging?

the site itself is still cool, yet lately imo is afflicted by 2 major problems
1 selfishness: too many people pretending to receive feedback without giving to the others. how the hell can they expect the forum to work this way? how could they be so blind not to understand that?
2 greed: people avoiding as much as possible to upload their songs here for free. this is just against the original spirit of the forum. some time ago people used to make music just for the fun of it, now all of a sudden too many seem to be only focused on making money out of it.
well this seems highly ridicolous to me, but whatever

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Well that is sad, I hope to contribute more than just my own music.

I love receiving feedback and tend to share feedback too on YouTube so I will try to do the same here.

I intend to sell my music but I also love doing remixes just for the fun of it (as obviously I cannot sell them).

:) I empathise with your feeling on how people tend to be a bit greedy. But let's not let the rest of us stop being our happy, sharing selves :)

DJ Ryznup

Welcome rikki, nice to have you here and looking forward to hearing more of your music.

Well I haven't been here to often lately, but it seems that the site is a lot less busy since the site came back up after the crash we had months ago which caused many songs and thousands of post to be lost. Which I think might have discouraged a lot of people along with the drama caused by personality clashes between a few members here. I'm sure some people have just been busy with things in life to really contribute much at the moment. And some have just moved on to putting more focus on making music with other programs, while focusing less on the Music Generator series(I'm currently jumping back and forth between using mutiple music progams myself).

But I look forward to seeing where the site goes from here, since the TIMGUL community seems to be in a state of rebuilding since the crash. So don't let the fact that some members have left discourage you. The activity will probably pick up again soon. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

RSCONCEPTIONS©

Ok :) awesome. I know all about personality clashes on forums. So I just avoiding getting personal with people on them now, and stick to just involving myself in what the forum is about.

As I have said elsewhere on this forum, I join Music 2000 and FL Studio together in making my music. I have a tonne of the M2k samples saved as .wav files so I can load them into FL.

Where can I find some of your music?

Rikki

jcw

Hi Rikki!

Welcome here, a few recent issues in the forum has seen a decline, but there is still activity here even if it is on a micro-scale. The Sound Synaesthesia sounds very interesting. I'll be checking out your tracks next week.

Fear 2 Stop®

Welcome, Rikki! Look forward to checking out your tunes!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop