An Element of Chaos and Unbalance

Started by J-MACHine, August 28, 2009, 03:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

Relates to the same project as "Endless".

I wanted to experiment one day whilst i was, admitedly, a little bit tipsy. I'd also been listening to a fair bit of Aphex Twin that day, so i wouldn't rule out that this peice was partly inspired, at least in it's drums, by Aphex Twin.

The idea was to create a song that was Rhythmic, but in a unusual way. And at the same time took both the aspects of frantic and calm and see how they balance each other out and create something that constantly jumps between both. I also wanted what little melody i was using to sound unusual. Maybe even slightly disturbing. But not in a traditonal, broken, "grungy hardsynth" fashion. The song also uses two different basslines, although they're (purposly, as i intended for them to blend to with the beat more then the usual bass) a little hard to hear at times.
It all makes sense when you consider it's going to be used for a battle against a partially biological, partially machine creature. I figured, given the theme, it was natural to have even the music represent the combination of two things that just shouldn't go together, but tried going about it in a way that was listanable.

Enjoy!
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Beoulve

This defo has a biomechanical feel to it, and also slightly cyberpunkish. I like the organic base and  melodies, though obviously electronic. This would've been perfect in the Ghost in the Shell videogame for Playstation 1.

Beoulve

Yeah, I definitely think it's for a 3D game. It would fit in games from PS and PS2 era.