I'm officially "retiring" the MTV Music Generator.

Started by V Sinizter: MG Tyrant, September 14, 2009, 10:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V Sinizter: MG Tyrant

I'd like to thank DJ Omnimaga for introducing me to this fine piece of software.

Let's run down the history of this fantastic software that has helped erect an empire that is on the cusp of greatness:

1999: I first get introduced to this software via my cousin DLB aka Captain Kidd. I like the number of instruments it has and the easy to use "sequencer" so I pick it up and get to work, creating VGM fare such as Vigilante Strike.

2000: I refine my skills with the PSX version some more by creating Vigilante Strikes 1-6. I also try my hand at making a few rap instrumentals to expand my composition abilities with it.

2001: I've done a lot of VGM music with this. Vigilante Strikes 1-6, Vigilante Strike: Judgement Day and a redo or what I call "RMX" of VS: The Hostage Crisis (the first Vigilante Strike). I start composing more rap instrumentals to try and integrate it into the studio when I was working at Ghetto Records at the time. Staplez of Bedlam, at the time mentioned he had it as well and thought it could be used to make beats with if used right (no I didn't get the idea to do that from him...lol). Me and Ghetto Records part ways and I strike out on my own.

2002: I sign with Fallen Entertainment and begin work on Sins of An Angel. Since I don't have the equipment I had at Ghetto Records at my disposal to compose songs, I use the Generator to do it (luckily for me I've had practice putting together rap beats with it beforehand, so the transition isn't that hard for me). I complete Sins of An Angel, The October Game (Hunting Season) and the beat disc for the OG Pale Horse. Later that year I sign with Psy and a few of you know the rest from there.

2003: Hunting Season drops. Let's leave it at that. I make the transition from PSX to PC, still using the Generator to do my music with. I complete Pale Horse: Night of the Living Dead and lay out the foundation for the tweener EP "Kama Sutra: Sex Education 101" (replaced by The Great Stairwell). All of 2003, I spend time trying to learn how to mix on my own and improve my abilities with the Generator. Idecide to can Pale Horse and focus on Soul of the Beast. At year's end I sign with Deviant Productions.

2004: I complete Soul of the Beast, Annihilation and The Haunt of Fear RMX'd. I'm getting better at composition in the Generator and it's rigidness in music is slowly disappearing.

2005: Perhaps one of my biggest and best years next to 02 and 06, I spend a lot of time trying to crack some composition problems with the Generator. I'm working on Pale Horse: Requiem For the Twilight Huntsman and release the single "Flies" and an accompanying trailer.

2006: I complete the prototype to the Lionheart EP and at the year's end found the first crack in the composition problem with the Generator. It's really early in it's stages, but it gets the job done. I once again can Pale Horse cause it didn't meet my expectations.

2007: I complete Haunt of Fear 2, The Lionheart EP and began laying groundwork for Kokoro no Raion: Za Tentei Tsurugi. I simultaneously work on Pale Horse: Requiem For Lost Souls and spend the better part of the year trying to improve my mixing and music composition.

2008: I concentrate on Pale Horse, renaming the subtitle to "Requiem For the Darkness," and work on my mixing. I implemented free roaming composition into the generator even more, but it's not without it's price due to how cumbersome and unprecise it is. I also get introduced to a life changing way of mixing that has improved my mixes ten-fold. I put Pale Horse on pause waiting for the arrival of my new computer at year's end.

2009: I go back into Pale Horse with a fresh outlook and renewed since of knowledge on how to make the new system of mixing work. IT WORKS!! I also through a strange epiphany find away to do free roaming composition IN the Music Generator that was previously unheard of. Using BOTH new systems that arrived back to back, I began cranking out projects that normally before, would have taken me a LOT of time to complete. In the span of 2 and a half months I finish projects or my contribution to them.

And today my upgrade arrives in the mail after 3 weeks of anticipation. It was only made available in Europe and luckily someone on E-Bay had it up for sale at a cheap price. Well I tooled around with it and let me say it's essentially the Generator, but with a more feel smooth interface. Navigation feels a lot more smooth although Vista is being a bastard again. I fix that problem already and look forward to delivering Pale Horse in it's full on glory hopefully by the end of the year. Hell, the composition of it won't be anything at all. It's just recording the vocals for it and the mixdown phase. But I promise you that if I can complete 3 different projects in a 2 month span, one dedicated project won't be a problem.

But let me say goodbye to a wonderful friend after a decade of faithful (and sometimes NOT so faithful) service:

And say hello to it's replacement. Hopefully it will give me a new decade of faithful service till either Jester Interactive or Codemasters makes a new version that will be ON the PC:

Well hope you like what I create in this new version. Even though it's not "officially" called "MTV Music Generator" I will STILL refer to it as such, just tack on 2002, since it's pretty much made by the same people who made the first one. So there you have it.

Let's see what this monster can do for Pale Horse, The Great Stairwell, The Haunt of Fear 3 and beyond. Later.

V Sinizter

"I'll remember those when I reach the top, cause there were only a few struggling with me at the bottom."

V Sinizter: MG Tyrant

And I know a lot of y'all have no idea about some of things I'm talking about in here. I copied this from my myspace blog.
"I'll remember those when I reach the top, cause there were only a few struggling with me at the bottom."

Not a Number

Whilst I wish you luck with Music 02, I think Omni actually said "M'02"'s a, howyousay, "mixture" of MTVMG1PC and Music 3000 (M'02's actually a part of the MUSIC/MTVMG series, what with MUSIC being in the title. :P)

..I've always wanted to try out M'02, though I still have Music 2000 PC (well, the MTVMG version) on my computer.. unfortunately I've gotten so used to the PS1 version I don't know if I could switch. (that said, I'm going to have to switch to another software for college.. though I'll be using the name "alphaSYMBOLIC" for that..)

DJ Ryznup

Well, I'm just happy to hear that your moving on to something new to advance the sound of your music and that its within the MTV Music Generator/MUSIC series.

From what I've heard, the PC versions are great, but I wouldn't know personally, I still haven't been able to get my PC version of MTV Music Generator to work with Vista yet, and am actually thinking about selling it.

I wouldn't mind getting MUSIC 2002 club edition if I could though, Because it might be more compatible since it was released later, but its so HARD to find.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

Fear 2 StopĀ®

I may buy it from you Ryznup, depending on how much you charge (and if my money situation improves lol).

Right now, I'm all about MG2. Been that way for 8 years and don't forsee any changes.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

JCW

M2K PC was what I used to create Sapphire Blue as I didn't own it for PSX at that point. I still have loads to learn with it even now, I can't just go in there and pump out a good track, I'm glad you're progressing onto M2K2, looking forward to hearing some stuff out of that program. All the best.

DJ Ryznup

Quote from: Fear 2 Stop on September 15, 2009, 08:07:48 AM
I may buy it from you Ryznup, depending on how much you charge (and if my money situation improves lol).

If I decide to sell it I won't sell it to you for much. Special discount price for a TIMGUL member :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."