(WIP) Streets Of Rage 3 - The Poets 1&2 Remix

Started by Sacred Virgo, November 29, 2009, 11:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacred Virgo

this is a WIP song i'd like to submit to OCRemix. it's a medley of two tunes by motohiro kawashima. the song is incomplete and the ending is abrupt. i post it here because i'd like to receive some useful criticism. you probably know that the guys at OCRemix are pretty severe and sometimes harsh when judging songs, so i'd like you to be pretty harsh spotting negative aspects of my remix because i really want to make it through the selection once the song is complete. so any kind of constructive criticism is most welcome.

EDIT: here are a couple of video where you can hear the OST versions of 'the poets 1' and 'the poets 2' so you can spot the differences ;)
THE POETS 1:
THE POETS 2:

DJ Ryznup

The Poets were some of my favorite tracks off the Streets of Rage 3 soundtrack, I had to download this when I seen it!

Nice intro, great synth and buildup. Nice guitars samples and arrangements, nice beats as well.
Awesome track, this would go well in the Streets of Rage remake with all the other remixes on there.

Top work!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryznup

"Limits may hinder us, but they also bring out our creativity."

Sacred Virgo

thanks for your comments guys.
@blonde and DJRyznup: that's not a guitar! i know it sounds like it, but in fact it is a synthetic sound which i altered with an extreme distortion. in the final version of the remix i'd love to include a real electric guitar.

i've just uploaded an improved version of my remix which now includes also the poets 2. i've also uploaded a couple of yt links where you can hear the original soundtrack. don't miss them if you are nostalgic fans of the original game!

.:DJ Droppin:.

Listening....

Like the intro arp... Somewhat goa style really.
Yeah this is very goa/trance melodic to :38
Waiting for ....
oh there it is
1:10 ....
Damn sounds awesome at 1:30... So much going on and with the panning sounds great.
1:44 picking up a bit now..
Snare fill....
Oh niceeeee beat/percussion. Like the synth as well....
and bells
2:30
Really that isn't a guitar? ... jeez.. 3:28 wasn't prepared for that transition there.
Definitely agree with others about the bells after 4:09 or so....
4:44 .... Sounds incredible. Damn.
6:18 breakdown....
Like the almost metal theme towards the end.... Lots of variety with this great production.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

odmen01

Hey bro, wanted to check out but the link does not work ??? ???..............can you re-upload that again. Got through the 2nd one really liked it.

RE-UPLOAD PLEASE: