Not Posting Anymore New Tunes

Started by Season 8, December 25, 2009, 02:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Season 8

Sorry but whether you like my tunes or hate them, I have decided there is not nearly enough activity on this forum to validate me posting any new tunes I will make. At the end of the day I post and comment on a few people's tunes, but the favour is practically never returned. Call this a bitch or a tantrum or whatever you like I don't care. It's simple really, only 2-3 people regularly comment and they know who they are. The rest just either can't be arsed or just don't care so I've had enough. I'll be active on the odd occasion and such but nothing as much as I have been, not even nearly enough. This place needs to sort itself out BIG TIME. And the way I have seen it, it won't for quite sometime. If you want to hear my new stuff, feel free to contact me via PM here or (if you have me) on Facebook. But for what it's worth I do genuinely enjoy listening to new stuff and commenting, but apparently, not everyone else does. And if anyone blames this on the Christmas period then that's bollocks because this has been happening for nearly 2 months now. I'm not arsed what you think of me, nor what your opinion is of my music, but what you should already know by now is that I have a very valid point. Simple as.

Casper AudioGhost

i m sorry lyricist i have been guilty of not commenting as well and also victim of lack of comments i will look at all yer contributions and post a comment-i also think that the idea of asking for pms to hear yer new songs is a wise idea cheers and sorry i have not listened and commented          casper
hopefully things will pick up around here after the holidays-don't lose hope   
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

.:DJ Droppin:.

Excellent points by you both. As you've seen myself and a few others have created similar threads to discuss inactivity, lack of posts, etc.... We can't have this becoming a widespread problem. We all need to make more efforts to listen/comment on everyone's music. I'm to blame too. I think for the most part every single one of us are, but I don't think we have the intentions of ignoring people on purpose. People aren't doing it out of malice or disrespect for others, but that doesn't change the facts that it makes people literally feel unwelcomed, or that they feel that their music may not matter as much as compared to others.

That we need to change. We can all talk about this and say "This is what we need to do, and why." but doing and saying are 2 entirely different things. Unfortunately there's been a whole lot of saying and not the same amount of doing. ACTION, NOT WORDS. I hope this changes soon. I do remember way back in the day how TIMGUL used to be. Do you? You'd login and be eager to see what new music has been uploaded. You would listen and comment on multiple songs. Often times there would be several people doing so at the same time. You NEVER had to ask people to listen to your songs, to comment on your songs. You weren't discouraged or hassled with it. It was a FUN place to come to where everyone liked each other and it showed. Activity was far higher than now.... Would be great to see things become that way again.

Maybe in 2010...

- Rob
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

DJ_Omnimaga

The issue on my side is that:

-back in August 2008, my ISP fucked up big time. MY internet speed remained fine (10 mbps), but my latency rose in the 10000ms. Guess what it means? That means that while pages (and songs) loaded fast, I had to wait 10 seconds before each of them even starts loading at all. This lasted two months. At this point I pretty much gave up on listening to people songs

-In the meantime, many people started using slow hostings like Savefiles instead of the forum uploader. Even more loading time, meaning even less song I can listen to. This was later fixed with a 20 MB upload limit, but fixed too late.

-In September 2008, I revived an old site I used to run until December 2007 (Omnimaga). Back in 2007, this site had no effect on my TIMGUL activity because TIMGUL was barely active at all (about 100 posts per month). I was always focussing more on Omnimaga than TIMGUL since the beginning, but as I said, TIMGUL could not be affected because there were very few songs to comment on. When I revived my old website, this was different. TIMGUL was much more active than it used to be, new songs poured in the uploads every day. In addition to this, life was hectic and I was busy, and since my interest toward TI calculators was always higher than music since 2002, it's obviously Omnimaga that got most of my activity. Not to mention I couldn't listen to people tracks due to internet issues anyway.

-October 2008 was the only month I got able to listen to some songs. Omnimaga went through an inactivity period that month and my internet stopped sucking. Due to a huge backlog of songs I didn't listen to the two previous months, I never got able to listen to everything, though.

-November 2008, Omnimaga became more active again and I started being more busy. Eventually Omnimaga had around 1000-1400 posts a month.

-February 2009, TIMGUL fights started and eventually, when I discovered I could do nothing to solve the issue while satisfying everyone, I eventually gave up. I kept returning every now and then but fights would always rise again, so eventually I gave the site controls to JCW. At this point I pretty much lost all interest I had for music creation and electronic music itself and took a long while to recover. However, because of what happened, my heart was broken too many times and I pretty much eventually lost interest to TIMGUL. I was tired of drama and I feared it would be a recurring event from now on. On top of that, a data wipe had to happen (which was due to a buggy SMF install, which makes me happy I did not apply to my other site as well). At this point, I decided to just focus on Omnimaga website.

-Unfortunately, now I also can no longer manage two forums at once, especially with one that gets over 1400 posts per month and where I often get a lot of requests. The result: I am still not back despite fights no longer occuring (I think). If my life got even more busy or worse than it was in September, I would leave Omnimaga too. If you want to check for yourself, just look at the forum stats at the bottom of the page here:

http://www.omnimaga.org/index.php?action=stats

Some people may tell me to ditch Omnimaga because it's just about graphing calculators, but I won't. I don't program them a lot anymore but Omnimaga discussion community existed since almost 5 years now and as I said I am more involved in that kind of stuff than music. As proof, Magic hardcore and Eurobeatizer are the only songs I made in the past two months and I'm just starting a new one now (on MTVMG3).

So I am afraid comments from me on songs are things of the past. Even if no fights would have occured in the first half of 2009, I would no longer have been able to keep up. Not to mention that I suck at criticising. I hardly ever check my Youtube subscribers anymore either.

That said, I think even if someone receives no comments, I don't think he should get that pissed over it. Look, it took one year before half of my songs even gets one comment at all. It took two years before some of them even receives comments at all. Some comments were even posted after I left. Also I can count on my hand how many of my new Youtube song videos got more than 200 views. I did not complain because I knew somewhere someone was still listening to my songs or would eventually do, and even if very few people did, I was happy some people liked my form of expression. I don't think you should feel too bad about lack of comments on your songs. On top of that, TIMGUL used to do much worse than that. As I mentionned earlier, 100 posts a month once, if not less. Plus activity seems higher now than it was right after JCW left. Also, people should remember they are lucky a MTVMG board exists at all and that somebody spent $150 so far to keep it online (which could have been used to pay parts of a Sony ACID Pro 7 license or a brand new computer).

Anyway that's both my two cents and also why I did not myself comment on songs for so long. I do hope no one makes me or JCW feel guilty (due to our leaving) about the lack of comments on songs since the past few months. Shit happened plus life got in the way. I am pretty sure other people got fed up of the constant fights here too (and how whenever admins took action, everyone lashed on them and screamed "ZOMGcensorship!", which caused the fight problem to not be solved).

Sacred Virgo

Quote from: nakamura on December 25, 2009, 10:15:21 AM
Well there was certainly a lull but now its just xmas, I dont think people have time to sit around all day during the holiday period.
Simple fact is if you dont post your tunes no one will ever listen. Rather than moan about it deal with it, if a tune drops down the lists simply bump it back up. Sometimes things can get missed.

I feel you would get more honest feedback here rather than elsewhere where everyone just says YAY 5 stars so you will listen to there tunes to promote them. We had an ex member just like that. All about self promotion not giving a shit about anyone else.

So, keep posting, if you do not get feedback, dont post more, bump them up. Too many people post miles too many songs at once.
Things will pick up.

i couldn't find better words myself.

btw i promise i will remember to leave more comments on your songs (in fact i do listen to them, i think i have collected them all). don't lose your motivation, keep on training and learning all the tricks you need to know to be a top producer like bliss or pillage, and once you get to that point people will just crave to comment your songs.

Season 8

I find the message that I received to be quite childish, the mere fact that the person posted anon shows what a chickenshit they are. To find out that it's Quade, as many people do believe, simply match up the 2 ip addresses, ask Omni to do it cos all forums track IP addresses, I may not be as smart as much but with a fucking degree in IT I'm a lot smarter than this "Truth Teller". Match the fucking IP addresses and you will see. Something tells me he's not so smart enough as to know how to rotate IP addresses.

Sacred Virgo

no ha can't continue because this way we're gonna ban him again and again and again.

DJ_Omnimaga

Did quade sent something to The Lyricist? Because I thought his forum account (Quade77) was gone. I remember he usually did that before with Casper and if I remember he had some not-so-nice replies to The Lyricist over here on the forums too.

If he causes trouble over here, just check the user profile and click the "Track User" or "track IP" option to the left menu. You will see every IP address used by the member and (if applicable) alternative accounts. Keep in mind that since he knows Pillage in real life, he might have posted from his home, though, or vice versa, so as a result, some IP might match Pillagemyvillage.

In any case when I ban people on Omnimaga I generally ban his IP addresses and account and if ban evasion occurs I disable registrations until he gives up (so we don't need to spend hours deleting new bad accounts over and over). I also keep up to date with the latest SMF 1.1.x versions (which is currently 1.1.11) in case one Omnimaga hater may go further than just trolling the site.

DJ_Omnimaga

Yeah true, I do hope his IP address is not used to send these messages. It would suck to have to ban him because of someone else x.x

(also this forum shows hostmasks)

Season 8

Don't know what his problem is with me, he's just a proper man child

Casper AudioGhost

i'm just glad that blonde n shell are keeping the peace with steady hands n good judgement-cheers mates-job well done i believe timgul is recovering and we all got good hearts and great musical ideas-the future looks bright:)   casper
RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106

DJ_Omnimaga

Quote from: The Lyricist on December 25, 2009, 05:50:49 PM
Don't know what his problem is with me, he's just a proper man child
From my experience with him and what I saw on this board (and heard about), all it takes is disagreeing with him

DJ_Omnimaga

Well, one thing I must say before going is that on any other music forum, no matter how good your music sounds or how quality your production is, if you ever mentions you used Ejay, MTVMG, Magix, Buzz, Open MPT or even Sony ACID to make your song(s), you will lose respect instantly, simply because these people are too narrow-minded to realise it's not what you use that count, it's what you make and at most places, whenever your stuff won't sound mainstream, nobody cares. I know how it is. I posted my music on music forums before. Whenever I mentionned the acronym MTVMG, the forums turned into 4chan/b/.

On TIMGUL people are more open minded towards music, even if many people now uses pro equipment to make their songs.