The Old and The New (another archive)

Started by Not a Number, March 16, 2008, 11:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not a Number

Note: All of these are all old tracks of mine which were all ripped from my Memory Card with exception to the first song listed.

Download Link

Song name: Nine Hundred and Ninety-Nine
File type (mp3, wav, etc): mp3
Length: 1:23
Genre: Speedcore
Description:
Seriously, I don't know what was going through my head when I made this 3 days ago. Those who know this type of dance music may be familiar with the song "I Feel It/Thousand" by Moby; at 1000-1025BPM, it is the fastest song in the world. I made a little tribute to the song, though I could make it go as far as 999BPM, thus the title. This was ripped from the emulator, so skipping may have occured.

Song name: Classical X
Length: 5:31
Genre: Drum & Bass / Hip-Hop
Description:
Using the default riffs from Music 2000, I created this little ditty. The only thing that bugs me about this is the 100-second drum loop at the end, though somehow it gives it that edge to it. I think I inspired it from Slipknot's "The Blister Exists", as the drum loop seems to last forever on that song. :P

Song name: h.a.r.d. Remix 2003
Length: 7:18
Genre: House
Description:
A remix of a classic tune from Music 2000, using the riffs from HARD itself. I am aware that the piano at 6:25 is essentially 5 notes being hit simultaneously; I was trying to make both the PIANO 3RDS and PIANO RIFF riffs play together (in fact, this happens at least 10 other times in the song), and although it does sound off-key, it was pretty me putting my hands in the air and saying "I tried to make something work, it went a little wrong, like it or lump it".

Song name: N.M.C.C.? (Music 2000 remix)
Length: 5:14
Genre: Technical Metal
Description:
A cover of Meshuggah's "New Millennium Cyanide Christ" ([]), using tabs from some site. Also, the Distorted Guitar notes suck. :(

Song name: Pentanol 1.250
Length: 2:05
Genre: Rock
Description:
My first ever experiment with unconventional time signatures, namely 5/4. Well OK, the drum loop is still in 4/4 time, but what the hey.

Song name: Racy Advance
Length: 1:59
Genre: Metal
Description:
Simple; a song using guitar riffs from the "racy advance" set of samples. Not too sure whether the piano is in tune with the rest of the song, but meh.

DJ_Omnimaga

gonna listen to this asap

EDIT: wow the guitar in Racy advance sounds so real and the samples were well used together :)

I also liked the remix of Hard, better than the original

Nice job for all those songs :)