Record Deal?

Started by .:DJ Droppin:., February 23, 2010, 02:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

.:DJ Droppin:.

Okay let me explain. Without getting too terribly far ahead of myself I added DJ Billy E to Facebook. For those who do not know DJ Billy E is afounding Father of bass music and responsible for 90 CD/titles and or work on other artists CDs. If anyone has watched the show on MTV "Pimp My Ride" if you remember the episode with the HUGE Subwoofer MTX JackHammer and the song the played? That was DJ Billy E - Beats 4 My Van.

So anyhow I added him then sent him a message telling him I created my own bass music, that I owned most of his work, and that he inspired me quite a bit. I sent him my newest song and 5 minutes later he messages me back with this....

Billy E Okon    February 22 at 3:45pm
hey how about you putting a bass cd out with us @ Bass Mekanik ?
Yep. Flat out asking me to be on their label. LEGIT... The most legendary bass music artists ever. He will be listening to a few of my tracks tomorrow AM, then give me a heads up on what he's feeling in terms of my music, and hopefully info about the label, etc.....

Needless to say this is all very exciting. I'm trying to be cool, calm, and level headed about this not to jump to conclusions or raise expectations, but I would be a fool if I said this wasn't a dream for me.

I'll let you all know what's up. I will say that if it wasn't for MTV MUSIC GENERATOR/MUSIC 2000 this wouldn't be possible. Also if it weren't for TIMGUL and all of the encouraging comments that perhaps my music would not have excelled to this point, so thanks to everyone.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

V Sinizter: MG Tyrant

Congrats on your deal. Hope it works out for you homie.
"I'll remember those when I reach the top, cause there were only a few struggling with me at the bottom."

Fear 2 StopĀ®

Awesome news...hopefully one day it will work out for us in F2S also.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop