Site hosting package ownership change

Started by DJ_Omnimaga, April 02, 2010, 07:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

As you know, I am the person in charge of keeping TIMGUL hosted online (and paying for it). I have been doing so since October 2007. By 2008, TIMGUL shared the same webspace as Omnimaga website, another community I run. However, from November 2009 to January 2010, I started to face some harsh realities that made me realize that I would soon have to pass the torch to someone else, and because this hosting package is primarly used by Omnimaga now, it was inevitable that someone from Omnimaga would eventually take over. At the end of January, discussion between staff and certain #omnimaga ops occured regarding the future of Omnimaga/TIMGUL hosting, involving the eventual transfer of the 1and1 package ownership to one of the staff/op or multiple ones. This finally happened tonight and Rcfreak0, who is primarly active on the IRC channel of that site and partially in charge of maintaining it, was chosen as the new person in charge of the hosting bill, starting after October 2010 (altough payments are now officially made by him, I have assumed the costs for the next two 6-months bills and the next domain name renewal by sending him the money in advance). This is not really a money issue, but more of a long-term Omnimaga/TIMGUL future one, in terms of online avaliability. Altough a few other people including myself still has full access to both the 1and1 panel and the FTP, rcfreak0 will now be the person keeping Omnimaga/TIMGUL avaliable online in long term. DJ Droppin, Fear 2 Stop, Not A Number and The Lyricist will remain in charge of TIMGUL management and I will remain in charge of the maintenance/backup portion of the site.

This hosting ownership change will have no impact on TIMGUL and Omnimaga itself, and will ensure better stability in long terms in terms of hosting.

The hosting package where is located TIMGUL and Omnimaga also hosts another website, an image folder and a file space folder, and may eventually host another site as well.

Fear 2 StopĀ®

Thanks for the headsup. I'm for anything that ensures our long term future.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop