Started by Not a Number, July 15, 2010, 04:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not a Number

Song name: Unjustified Infiltration
File type: mp3 (MediaFire)
Length: 5:36
Software used: Music 2000 (PS1)
Description:

Since I've got two months of no college, It's an excuse to fire up Music 2000 until September.

This track is part of a little project I want to try and finish by then; create a "soundtrack" to a fictional game. There is no game that this song is a part of, but I want to give the tracks in this release a "video game feel". I blame Renard and his Shark Attack release. :P

I'll most likely add more to this track in the final version (needs a few strings here and there in my opinion), but it's pretty good for the time being. :)

I didn't choose a Major- or Minor key this time; for a change, I decided to use the Dorian mode, in the key of D (so D Dorian). I've grown to like Dorian over Minor.. it feels a lot easier to use. I'm hoping to use all the other modes in this "album", if you can call it that. (Locrian mode's going to be fuuuuun ^^)

Oh, and one more thing. It's not in 4/4, rather a constant 5/4. :D So it's not too crazy, but it was definitely a challenge in places. (well, not entirely constant; the drum solo about half-way through is two bars of 4/4)

DOWNLOAD LINK -> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1zwz5yzwztaoxt0

.:DJ Droppin:.

It's been awhile since I've heard a NaN production....

Heavy, grungy synth bass intro. Has a darker feel to me. Really like how everything flows at 1:50.
I like how you overlayed bass with the snares at times too. A very heavy sounding track. Subtle melodies sound real good mixed in with the synth.
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

s p a c e b a r

like the use of modes and 5/4 - this track gives me visual images which are hard to describe, some light bluish shades, an astral traveling type feel - u should check out my songs pryderi in ambient which uses a few different modes throughout- also Grids is in 9/8 and uses a scale i made up with microtones -
if your never there, your never in

J-MACHine

The unusual time signiture makes it an increadibly interesting track to listen too. It also helps that the song itself is really, really catchy. Do you know what it makes me think of? Doom. I swear to god, this track sounds like it came right out of the PC version of Doom. And i love it all the more for it.
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

DJ Eddy

loving the darkness to it...i agree with J-machine does remind me of Doom...
really nice bass...oh nice melody..at 2.10
Sounds amazingly put together..2.20 is wicked...
Nice stuff on the snare to..
seems to all flow nicely..
i Enjoyed that quite alot and thats not normally my sort of music thnx.....

Master Dutch

nice dark industrial vibe NAN. Like a machine in motion...