TIMGUL Step up - Taking on the world.

Started by DreadSpawn, April 30, 2011, 03:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadSpawn

I had an dea.

I read that TIMGUL isn't getting the attention it deserves. And to be honest it was hard to find a site like this.
Now i know everyone here agrees that there is a huge variety of quality tracks that aren't just good for music software, but good in general. So heres the plan.
We launch an epic online campain to get ourselves known, not just by other users, but anyone.
We create top of the line tracks of various genres, tracks that are unique addictive heavy catchy and spooky.
We video respond different tracks on youtube to popular artists of today.
We ultimately become an artist ourselves, as one.
Think of the potential.
Life can be hard sometimes. We all need an outlet, whether it be sex, speeding, violence or creation. I chose creation. Enjoy  .http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadSpawn2142?feature=mhum

RSCONCEPTIONS©

I am incredibly intrigued by this idea, provided we can execute it properly.

One query, by "popular artists of today" do you mean the likes of... dare I say... Justin Bieber... or artists related to our genres?

DreadSpawn

if we can convert the 'beiberholics' to us, then i am afraid so.
Life can be hard sometimes. We all need an outlet, whether it be sex, speeding, violence or creation. I chose creation. Enjoy  .http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadSpawn2142?feature=mhum

DJ Eddy

good idea man..let me know how it gonna plan out,..
I dont mind trynig my hand at a bit of pop...i cant sing for shit tho...lol

::CMG (UTOPIA)::

The problem with something like this, is that it's always hard for people to follow through with cause of either conflicting schedules, busy personal life, or not enough dedication, specially seeing as how the forums only get's a few posts and isn't super active (as in every board has a new posts like other forums).  Seriously, you'd think this topic would be up to like 2 or 3 pages by now since it was created last week or so... what does that tell you?

I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm saying it'll happen if you take baby steps first.  I know I'm still fairly new, but I've heard a few people throw out ideas before this one for the past few months, and aside from the Halloween Collab album, has any of them actually taken off and been finished?

Anywho, I'm willing to do this, but if this is gonna be another "dead idea that never went anywhere", then obvously the issue is the site and the members, not the ideas itself, since their all good ones that would benefit the people involved in it.

DJ_Omnimaga

Yeah the issue is that a lot of people here are either past their student lives or close and some even got a family. It can be hard to keep up with new forum posts and tracks and there are people like me who have multiple hobbies besides music, cutting down time spent here. In my case I hardly even produce anymore. :(

One thing I would suggest is do like I did back in 2007: Put a link to TIMGUL in all your Youtube videos and when there are people who got MTVMG tracks on Youtube that are recent you should maybe invite them through the comments. This would maybe help bringning some extra new members around.

Another thing I thought about for the past few months was to merge this site with my other forum, which already has a music section, so everyone here would potentially get extra hits, but the problem is that I think a lot of attachments here are remixes of copyrighted songs, so I don't think my other hosting provider would like... (Stuff like Dirty Talk HHC Remix, which are hosted on Mediafire/Youtube and linked on the site, however, would be fine).

::CMG (UTOPIA)::

Quote from: DJ_Omnimaga on May 11, 2011, 11:10:58 PM
but the problem is that I think a lot of attachments here are remixes of copyrighted songs, so I don't think my other hosting provider would like... (Stuff like Dirty Talk HHC Remix, which are hosted on Mediafire/Youtube and linked on the site, however, would be fine).

yea i have no problem uploadin all my music on mediafire, ive done it before.  In fact, my account needs a good cleaning anyways.  i forgot when's the last time i used it.  normally i just upload stuff without loggin in.

Specially made banners and avitar logos wouldn't help either.  if it's going to be a team effort, then people have to know who is going to be apart of the team, and what better way to do that then have the TIMGUL name branded on us :P

Not a Number

As far as banners go, I think I might still have the project file for the "2.0" banner I did for the ProBoards backup, but I haven't checked.

DJ_Omnimaga

Actually I still got the old banned somewhere. The problem is that with this version of SMF, everytime I update the site version I have to overwrite the files then run an install package, while with SMF 1.1.13 I just ran a script via the admin panel. As a result at one point the banner got replaced with the default SMF logo.

I kinda liked the old banner because it showed every version of MTVMG in it, plus it also mentionned what the TIMGUL slogan meant :P (The International Music Generator User's Lounge).