Genres

Started by DarkBliss, June 10, 2008, 07:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBliss

Hey Omni...I have a suggestion!

Have you ever considered splitting the "Music You Created " forum into different genres?

When somebody posts a new topic they could state the genre of music it belongs to, for example trance, and then this would go into a sub forum marked, say, dance/trance.

I know it`s hard to cover all genres in a few sub forums but I was thinking something along the lines of dance/trance, beats/electronic, ambient/chillout, dnb/hardcore etc.

I just think it`d be a bit easier to find tracks from a specific genre?

Let me know what you guys think?  ;)
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

zapphnath

Dang, Bliss, you beat me to it.  I was gonna suggest that the Music That You Created board be broken down into sub-boards, but not for different genres.
Instead, I thought it would be cool to break it down into what type of post it was.  I.E.:
1-songs that are directly downloaded from here
2-songs that are linked to elsewhere and
3-YouTube links

While I'm making suggestions, I think it would also be cool to have an option, after clicking on a member's name, to list only the topics he/she made in the Music That You Created board.  Now, you can click a name and, on the page that comes up, you can click to see all of that person's posts, but to quickly get to a list of all of that person's songs would be nice.

DJ_Omnimaga

actually at the top you can alerady sort songs by last post date, name, topic starter name (artist), amount of replies, etc. However this is an idea I thought about for a while because I never though there would be that many songs uploaded in 8 months. However, the problem is that I would have to listen to each songs again one by one to make sure I am moving them in the right section, not to mention I would need to move them one by one in the first place. I know for example 147 Crew only did DnB except maybe one song and Madnessxxi did rock/metal, though, so those would be easier to move but yeah it might take a while x.x

Maybe if I can find an hack for SMF that allow moving multiple topics at once it will help, or I could wait until SMF 2 is released (altough it could take maybe like a year or two)

147 crew

Yay my very own MUSIC created topic  :D

joke, sounds a good idea though

So many tunes and I can't remember which ones i've listened to, since the site converted all the posts say NEW  ???

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah i didnt liked when this happened. I think somewhere at bottom there is a Mark all topics or forums as read though

147 crew

yeah I think most things here are perfect, I'm not able to cast a vote in the poll sections though??
But I love the fact that when you go to MUSIC created and click started column, I appear 1st and it goes down alphabetically..  :D think I have 65 tunes! Madness, I reckon some could be deleted though

DJ_Omnimaga

i still need to check forum permissions. Unfortunately i can't find a multi moderation mod for SMF, I hope one is released when SMF 2.0 is out

147 crew

no worries, just the fact that you've created a masterpiece such as this is plenty enough, me giving MUSIC2000 9 out of 10 and MUSIC3000 5 I think is of little importance. fun though  :D

zapphnath

Quote from: 147 crew on June 11, 2008, 11:55:52 PM
But I love the fact that when you go to MUSIC created and click started column, I appear 1st and it goes down alphabetically.

Yeah, and, if you click it again, my name comes up first. :)

DJ_Omnimaga

After some googling I finally found out how to enable inline moderation on SMF forums. This might help me a lot there

zapphnath

Google is your Friend

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah, I've been searching google ever since this topic was created to figure out if a mod existed and if not then how to enable this feature, and eventually found it

zapphnath

I saw the addition of the child boards and it looks like I get a whole section (almost) all to myself!!!

:D COOL :D

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah some people got entire sections to themselves, or almost XD. 147 Crew is one example and I have more than half of the hardcore section.

Still a lot to sort though o.o

iku

To split the "Music That You Created " thread into different genres is great idea.
Man, it looks really really good! Nice work DJ Omnimaga :thumbup:
Now it is easy to find music that I like without downloading each song.
...let the music flow through your vains...

DarkBliss

Hey Omni, just seen the new look, great job man.  ;D
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

147 crew

Board looks totally sweet, feel a bit alone  :( ..the Dnb I have for company is great though..

Adam-(Pillage) Stick up "when a gladiator.." will ya. Love that track!!!

Going to sort out my posts a little,(as there is so many of them,)with a Before TIMGUL after TIMGUL. As the quality between them and even style is quite different. Also a LAMP symbol for cool tunes and a ? for questionable ones..So that way if you decide to have a look at my stuff you will have a better idea of the track. Hopefully

DJ_Omnimaga

I am wondering why Pillage didnt uploaded Busted Up remixes (hardcore, dnb, eurodance and trance) nor his other DnB tracks o.o