Not a Number: 32-bit Twist (Version 4 / 2009 Demo)

Started by Not a Number, September 08, 2009, 04:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not a Number

Song name: 32-bit Twist
File type: mp3 (attached)
Length: 3:17
Software used: Music 2000 (PS1)
Description:

This song will probably haunt me to my grave. So many times I've had to rerecord this song. First it was created on the PlayStation itself, then recreated on the emulator, then it needed adding to it, then it needed fixing, then it needed more fixing, then the vocals needed redoing because the sound kept clipping.. with the Memory Card file being lost forever, I don't think this song will ever be finished. Hell, even the version I've supplied has unfinished vocals. :P

The first 25-odd seconds begins with a heavily sampled excerpt from a 1969 film called "The Cube" before starting the song itself.
The song is a cover/remix of a similarly titled Deporitaz song, but I changed the "A Schizophrenic" to "32-bit", simply because the PlayStation is a 32-bit console. :P
I was hoping to finish recording the vocals for this song but I kept putting it back and back until I ended up forgetting about it. :-/

DarkBliss

A really cool track here NAN, some great melody work, nice, crisp production, good vocal work too. I love the sample at the beginning of the track, suits it perfectly.

Nice work.
"Way Out" - new album made with Ableton Live- 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkBliss/117950634945435

J-MACHine

Interesting little track, this one. It's pretty catchy, and delightfully bizzare.
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™