How to get your songs from Playstation to the PC

Started by DJ Omnimaga, February 19, 2008, 08:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear 2 Stop®

Oh snap.

Do you put this in the mic input on your computer, and the put the a/v cable from the ps2 in those inputs in this adapter? If so, then I feel really stupid right now.

I had been putting them from my PS2 to my stereo onto cassette, and then transferring from tape to PC. Durr.
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

DJ_Omnimaga

oh wait I was stupid x.x, when I suggested antenna to 3.5 mm converter I forgot the antenna part was for the TV not the PS1 XD. If you still have your old PS1 A/V cable just take this one, connect it to this Y adapter and plug the 3.5mm part into your mic port

Fear 2 Stop®

Another dumb question.. where can I buy an adaptor?
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

zapphnath

Radio Shack (or any similar store) would carry a large selection of these types of adapters.
You might even be able to find them in stores like Wal-Mart.
Expect to pay anywhere in the $3 to $5 range for one.
You may also want to look on eBay - you might get a better price, there.  Type "audio cable adapter" into the search box and several different types come up, including one's like this which are priced at $1.99 + $2.25 S/H.

Fear 2 Stop®

Really? That's cheap. Thank you guys *so* much...

DJ_Omnimaga

Radio Shack went out of business in Quebec city and the surrounding cities. They all changed banner to Circuit City. Still pretty much the same though, except price dropped slightly. Such cables are still between $10 and $40 where I live though, depending of the brand and quality, so if I would need one I would probably need to rely on Ebay and hope to find a dealer who ship to Canada and doesn't charge too much for shipping.

When I got Music 2002 Club Edition: Slinky (that upgraded version of Music 2000/MTVMG PC) the game was $1.95 euro, but shipping was the double x.x

jimii31

nice this means now i can post my music on here but i gotta get these cables and move my tv nearer to my pc but its good

DJ_Omnimaga

yeah that was a huge problem for me wehn I got Music 3000 (altough I moved to MTVMG2 right afterward). On PS1 emulator I used Music 2000 directly on the PC but now I can't do this with MTVMG2/3000 because my PC cannot run PS2 emulators. Unsticking the audio cables from the video one left me more freedom though and I just had to move the PC on the other side of the desktop under it

jimii31

i could not find any roms/iso for music or music 2000 for ps1.
Any ideas where to get them?
i managed toget both games off of ebay for under £10 un opened which is cool where can i get these cables from if i have to get them any help is appreciated :)

DJ_Omnimaga

unfortunately due to them not being legal to distribute and my host not allowing me to distribute warez either I cannot distribute them and have to delete any link leading to them here, but you can actually use the original CD as well if you use an emulator. If you use an emulator (most likely ePSXe with Eternal SPU plugin all found on google.com since they are the only thing that can run Music 2000) you can record sound using audacity following instructions  at the beginnign of this topic (or other help topics), but If you use a playstation you will need the cables. I am unsure where they can be found outside North America though. In North America they can be found at Radio Shack or Circuit City. Else for both you can check ebay, sometimes they might have some

jimii31

ok i understand what is the name of the cables i am confused on what to search ebay for thanks for your help

Symphony

This is like heaven^^ I connected and record my songs since years in exactly this way...it took quite some time till i got the clue how to connect all things etc...and yea use audacity, it's freeware and a very good tool, even the record quality can be adjusted to quite a nice level  :)

Sry that I didn't explain something, I just had to tell that I record the exactly same way xD 
"It seems like life is only a love affair; we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And we see us broken and we see us burn, cause life is not a token that you just put up.

It seems like life is only a love affair, we step for, we step back; around we turn;
And this play is yet chosen, it is love to no concern, cause life is not a token that you just put up."

Symphony ~

zest

HI PEOPLE...I'M TRYING TO DO THIS ;I CONNECT TV TO PC WITH THE TWO CABLES,AND THE SOUND IS GOOD WHEN IT RUN FROM TV TO PC;SO I START REGISTERING THE TRACK;BUT WHEN I START LISTENING THE REGISTERED TRACK,THE ONLY THING I HEAR IS NOISE,AND MY MUSIC FAR AND FEW.I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY.I'M ITALIAN MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD ;) . WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?I MUST SET SOMETHING IN THE AUDACITY PROGRAM?OR THE CONNECTION IS NOT GOOD?PLEASEANSWER ME. I COMPOSE ON MUSIC GENERATORS SINCE 99/2000...I WANT TO UPLOAD ALL OF MY SONGS...BUT I CAN'T DO IT ANY MODE I TRY! ...

Panic

is audacity a multi track recorder?
ive made a few songs on a demo of an older acid. i recorded the track from generator then recorded dialouge from a movie and had to go back and cut it up.   

so im wondering if i could do that with audacity, since the demos are only like 30 days and thats too much rushing on creativity.

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

I've bought the Y Adaptor and I've hooked it all up but when I record, I seem to get on the play back is noise  :'( Any suggestions  ???

JCW

Got a problem. I can't upload music via the little plug into the jack at the moment because the tune becomes WAY too bassey no matter what settings I use, microphone/recording has no bass boost and it worked fine before but it's too bassey when I try it now. I attatched a small segment to show you what I mean. Any tips here? Won't be able to import my other M3K stuff if I can't solve this.

Irndemon

Yeah, I have exactly the same problem as jcw when i  try to record sounds from playstation to pc using audacity, but it works fine when i record from vinyl through my mixer.So now i record my psx tunes on to dvd then extract to .wav.But it would be good to use audacity,Because i usually use one dvd per tune which is a waste really.

Casper AudioGhost

RIP Marna Patterson (1947-2009) i love you mom,my music is for you:)
my net label http://www.archive.org/details/white-trash-poptronica
www.showcaseyourmusic.com/audioghost 57 tracks
www.myspace.com/audioghost
www.jamwave.com/audioghost
www.youtube.com/casperr37
dj on http://chat.paltalk.com/g2/paltalk/1352831106