Chaos Rhythm [Noise, Shuffled Rhythm, Dark Ambient]

Started by J-MACHine, December 19, 2010, 04:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

I dunno if i posted this here before, but i did wanna share it, as i found it on an old Rewritable CD with an old demo for a track i never got the chance to finish, which was from 2008 (i may upload that later, for a laugh). It's a track i did back in 2009 on Music 2002, when i still had it installed (>> i really must reinstall it), for an older project thats hopefully going to be set back in motion... at some point, god willing.
This was one of my first forays into doing darker flavored works. I called this strict 'ambient' at the time, but its more a Noise/Shuffled Rhythm track with heavy Dark Ambient flavorings. ... And the use of a Rave pad. For some reason. It fits, but god knows what possed me to use it at the time. It was before my 'mixing samples together to create new sounds' days, i can tell that much by listening too it. Overall, i'm still happy with it, and it is still a good track, but i could probably do better.
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™

Қлөщłєşү[¤¤]

Listening -

What an intro straight of the bat , I love the pads. An woah...the sounds you've made for this is just crazy.
The fuzz like bass , percussion , guiro ? (I think) , this is freeking dynamite. An the synths...that melody is amazing.
I'm loving the almost break beat like drumming with the various sounds you musta mixed in with it. I can honestly
say there isnt a boring second within this track.
That was awesomely awesome. I'd like a tutorial from you on mixing sounds and how you get it all to sound so pro.
Amazing stuff again J.

Fear 2 Stop®

Really like this...that low bass and the guitar FX esp (was it a guitar) are bad ass.  Nice understated beat, and love the pad part.

Good work bro!
Fear 2 Stop are: Billy Castillo (me), Dana Castillo (my wife) Raymond Proseus (best friend)http://www.soundclick.com/fear2stop

J-MACHine

Glad you both liked it!

@ Knowlesy - I will at some point post some guidelines and examples of some of the samples i mix together through the sample editor. But i've got to stress that in this song, i didn't mix any samples together- this was before i started doing that. At least, i'm about 90% sure it is.  If it is, then this is just a case of a number of samples being played at the same time. As for making my stuff sound 'pro', i wouldn't know where to start, because i guess that just sort of... Happens. I want to say 'it comes naturally', but thats a touch egotistical. >>
Glad you liked the beat, too! What can i say, i have a love for shuffled beats/percussion and breakbeats. Whilst i've got nothing against more 'practical' beats like a club beat or a 16 beat rock beat, i think breaks/shuffled beats make things sound more interesting, or tense.

@ Fear 2 Stop - I can't remember if it's guitar SFX or just general SFX i'm afraid, F2S. But i'm glad you liked the track!
Unrelated, but that avatar of yours is fucking hilarious. Cracks me everytime i see it.

RSCONCEPTIONS©

OH FUCKING HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the drums that start coming in at 1:10! The snare has this lovely....smooth, slick tone to it. Nice, snappy rhythm. Lovely percussion fleshes it out. Nice subtle synthy bit in the background. This is quite Leftfield-y. Fucking lovely stuff!! The sound effects and percussion all blend together and rub themselves all over my sound buds in the most seductive way! Wow just superb!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice one Jimmy.

J-MACHine

Hahaha! Really glad you like it as much as you do, RS! Yeah, it has got a slight Leftfield-ish feel to it, now I look back on it. Glad it makes it sound all the better, though.