La Porte du Soleil (Power Metal)

Started by DJ_Omnimaga, June 17, 2011, 06:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ_Omnimaga

Here is my newest song: La Porte du Soleil. This song is special in some ways: I got the idea in my head back in Early 2001, when I was drawing a comic-based dice-pen RPG of the same name as the song. I imagined what could be the theme song if that D&D-style game comic ever made it into a video game format. However, back then I did not have any software to compose music, and with the years I forgot about the song. In 2011, I started having memories of the idea again, after checking back my old comic books again, and eventually decided to make the song. The difference, however, is that now it's kinda like power metal rather than my original '80s style idea. However, the entire melody until the keyboard solo starts has been in my head for a decade.

In summary, here is a new song from me, that stayed in my head for over a decade before finally making it to a music software.

The style might remind you of Quest for the Legendary Axe, which was used for the Axe Tribute video. The title "La Porte du Soleil" means The Gate of the Sun in English. I kept the name in French because the original story it was gonna be used as intro for was a French game.

.:DJ Droppin:.

First let me say it's GREAT to see a new song from you! Okay.... So this is like some epic video game music right here. Nothing I've heard on a video game personally. The structure of the melodies, panning is just superb. It becomes quite catchy after a minute or so. The kick drum is very metal. The breakdown at 2:56 is so kick ass. I love the arp arrangement here. Then 3:15 it just goes to another level. It's like dueling synthesizers on stage! Honestly. Melodies are very professional throughout this period. The transition at 4:00 is great you kept some of the elements, but bled off some of the others. Definitely a GEM thanks for creating it!
Bass is a force that defies the universe of logic, time, and space. http://www.reverbnation.com/djdroppin

Coordman

This is the sort of thing I love to listen to. Lots of character. This reminds me a LOT of the work Soundteam JDK did for the Turbografix CD. Youtube "Ys: Books 1&2". Great Tunage! Very nice work on the drums. Wow! Excellent changeup aroud 3:00. Amazing synth. Sounds a bit like a digitized Dragonforce track. Incredible.

Sidenote: I would freaking LOVE to hear you work on a lead guitar solo on a track like this. I bet you would destroy it. :)
Never sweat the petty things and never pet the sweaty things. -George Carlin

Coordman

Just noticed the little guit shred at about 3:14. Subtle, but HIGHLY effective!  ;D
Never sweat the petty things and never pet the sweaty things. -George Carlin

ArcaneFuture

Great little tune - had to smile at the wonderful incongruity between the pretty, bouncy melody and frantic percussion!
DJ Gift / ArcaneFuture

www.soundcloud.com/arcanefuture

ZoDiaCMaSSaCrE

damn, u kept an idea in ur head for over a decade...nice.  but anyhoo...amazing song u got here.  like wat Rob said...It does get pretty catchy after a minute or so.  those power guitar melodies are wild dude...top shit!!