(I Just Can't) Cope

Started by Gruvenheimer, March 13, 2008, 07:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gruvenheimer

One afternoon there was this cheecka who turned out to be a psycho hose beast. First she had been all nice & friendly for a while and then she got all vicious and bitchy when I told her my software.   :angry:  (BAD CHEECKA!! BAD!!)  >SWATS WITH ROLLED UP NEWSPAPER<   (BAD CHEECKA!!)

LOL. I was totally devastated coz this was kinda early on and still was really shy about sharing my music. So after she dissed and ripped on the generator I cranked this track out in about an hour and posted it online and dedicated it to my psychotic so-cal fan.

(I Just Can't) Cope

Oh yea, I guess I just realized the coping part could be taken two ways. I was talking about an uptight techno fan not being able to cope with someone producing digital tracks that sound less than super compressed and totally hi-fi. LOLOLOL.   :lol:
Yours in the Beat,
-Gruvenheimer
[/i]

ImL

haha :D had a similar experience at when i got talking to a guy on a music site. hes all full of praise till i told him what i use and he got nasty and personal

hey (I Just Can't) Cope is such a cool track. Is that a slowed down cicada riff? too cool. nice work

DJ_Omnimaga

it's sad that some ppl judge other people work by the software they use. It's the same with programming as well. No matter how good your game or music is, even if it's better than stuff made using professional software they will start saying it's crap or harrass you to force you to switch to other softwares, even if you feel more comfortable with the one you currently use

pillagemyvillage

i dont think people realise just what you can do with the mtvmg series...
if i ever mention i make music they expect me to say i have a studio with a million pounds worth of equipment in it. when i say i use mtvmg2 they instantly dismiss me and my music...
i feel this site is a tribute to what can be achieved!
another annoyance is that people think mtvmg is the same as mtvmg3 where you paste pre made riffs with no creativity. some people just dont understand the scope...

nice tune btw!
i love the bass tone. great hook too. the vocal stays with you when the tracks finished! real nice electro!
stick that up your a*** psycho hose beast! :lol:  

Gruvenheimer

Thanks guys! I appreciate the positive feedback.   :)

I agree the judgement thing is lame. MTVMG is a powerful tool - so much so that I had heard Sony pulled if off the market once they realized what they had done by selling the PC version for so cheap. Plus I think they had issues with the idea of people sampling music using the import feature.

In my opinion MTVMG is equal to or rivals many software out there... It is at the very minimum a high intermediate program. And so user friendly. There are just a couple of changes I would make, like being able to enter numerical changes instead of using a slider bar control (i.e. changing the riff volume).

BTW I have been listening to the TIMGUL rave mix as I go around town (I have it on my phone) and I am really impressed with the work on there. Dj Omnimaga, have you considered making a podcast out of it?

I know you are super busy. Maybe some of us other guys could help you out?

Just a thought. It is really good. Like, I think it is first class party & club material.

:D

Yours in the Beat,
-Gruvenheimer
[/i]

zapphnath

People can be so friggin closed-minded when it comes to creativity, sometimes.  They may have laughed at what I was able to acheive with a $50 peice of software on an old Playstation.  I laugh much harder, though, when I hear what they got out of a $2000 computer and several hundreds of dollars worth of software when it sounds almost the same as my stuff.

--------------------------------

The song has a good sound to it.  I would dance to it, if I could (dance, that is :) )