Endless

Started by J-MACHine, August 28, 2009, 03:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-MACHine

Even though i still have a ton of crap i need to post, i figured i'd settle for the 3 most recently recorded peices i've done for this evening.

For those of you that guessed the origins of my avatar, it should come as bugger all suprise that i'm a fan of the MOTHER series. Or, if you're clueless, "that one series that those two kids Ness and Lucas in Smash Bros. come from". It should also come as no suprised that i'm running two fan-based projects related to it, as well as being chosen as the composer of another person's project over at the Starmen.net forums. But that's for another time...

I've had the story worked out for both projects for the longest time, but due to it's connections with the third game in the series, i went with doing this song first. At the time i started composing i'd not long finished a watching a Playthrough of the game and the ending still stuck with me, so i was in the right mood. Then, i went on Hiatus for a long time, working on other songs, but outright refusing to work on this one. Why? Hard to believe as it may be, but it was acctually emotionally draining to do so. It might be harder to understand if you don't really know the context, but i'd be here all day explaining, and i'm not entirely sure if anyone would really be interested, heh.
About... i think 3 months later, i finally went back to it. And you can sort of tell; the second half is slightly different then the first.

The whole idea with this song was to combine elements of both fear and sadness and have them play out together, but, naturally, Sadness ended up taking the drivers seat with this one. Not that that's a bad thing. I ultimately decided that this ought to be as sad as i could possibly make it, and went all out to make sure that was the case. I'd like to say i managed that quite well, but i'd need an outside opinion.

I think it's worth mentioning that the reason the two piano riff's might seem like different melodies for different songs, it's because one of the piano sections is a reccuring 'theme' for one of the Antagonist characters, so it felt only right that it should turn up here, as well.

Enjoy.
Fabulous Pony Eurotrance™